7/13/10

slumber party minus the slumber

Dax and I don't allow our kids to have sleepovers, not at their friends' and not here either. We don't want tired and cranky kids the next day, but really it is to protect them. They were really complaining about it a couple weeks ago so I suggested that we have a party. We can play games and watch a movie and hang out; we'll do everything that is fun about a sleepover, but then our friends will go home to sleep.

They had a ton of fun, and they were still ornery the next day from staying up too late, but I was happy to reach a compromise.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

We made that decision too. We'll see how it goes when Abbey actually cares about doing sleepovers :) But I think the 'late night' party idea is catching on. Plus, I see BOYS! That's a perk, right? :)

Sant Family said...

We made that decision about 10 years ago also. We call them "Late-Overs". Sooooooo much better!

janet said...

YEAH!