The high Uintah's welcomed us last weekend with gorgeous scenery, cool weather, and the most tame chipmunks I've ever encountered. My Aunt Sharon met us at our house and treated us to a yummy dinner at our new Chinese buffet and camped with us at Pole Creek Lake. It was short but very sweet as we finally discovered the secret to melt the chocolate in a S'more (and actually have it work)! Oh! All you have to do is use the gigantic-sized marshmallows, roast one slow and steady until golden brown and heated all the way through, then slip the chocolate bar piece INSIDE the marshmallow and then beautiful thing in between 2 grahams. OH! oh. It was truly a momentous day to accomplish every S'more maker's wish.

We saw deer walk right through our camp, and chipmunks climb in our tent and into Hunter's suitcase and also walk right up to us and climb on our feet. Dax and the kids enjoyed the fishing and Aunt Sharon and I enjoyed the beauty, and the comfort of her motorhome.
4 comments:
Ahhh, but have you had smores with cinnamon grahams and caramelo insides?
Lucky ducks! Looks like great fun. I bet the cooler air was dreamy. See you soon!
So much fun! We've always wanted to go to the Uintah's to camp. You should try the caramel marshmallows in smores. So yummy!
Reading your blog makes me want to live somewhere cold. I need mountains right about now.
Post a Comment