WE FINISHED SWIMMING LESSONS!
Anyone who takes their kids to swimming lessons knows how much work it is... everyday for 2 weeks: sunscreen, suits, load and drive there, shower, swim, heat, shower again, undress/redress wet bodies, home, hang suits and towels to dry, REPEAT 13 times. Add to that that I am huge and heavy and I got in the water each of those times. Waaa waaa, complain, I know. But it is wonderful to have them over and our mornings can be ours again.
It is a big deal to see my Hunter with his face in the water on his own accord not holding on to a wall or a teacher. Next summer: level 2!

Preslie improved a TON this season! She can swim so much farther, is learning to dive, and has jumped off the diving board for the first time. She had 2 great teachers this year, one that really pushed her and one that was super fun and cute that I think she sort of fell in love with. The last day of swimming, I kept looking over and she would be climbing and hanging on him most of the time. That girl.

Mack and I had fun together in the Mom and Me class. I am glad I got that time with him.

This is a cute pic of Mack with my Aunt after his swim lesson last Friday before we went camping.
We got GRASS in the front yard! Dax laid the sod with a little help from his young men group. Wow, it changed the look of our house so much. I love to see the sprinklers pop up and water it.

We got a NEW BED! After almost 10 years in our old bed, it was worn out and uncomfortable, and feeling really small lately (ha!). So I bought us a super deluxe King sized mattress and
it
is
AWESOME.
Finally I can lay down for more than 20 minutes and not ache. I can snuggle with my man and not feel like I am inside a taco. Dax can lay on a diagonal and not crowd me. I love it. A bed is one thing I think is worth spending the money to get a great one. Over one-third of my life is spent there and I know we made a wise investment in our well-being.
8 comments:
I am super excited for you to have a new bed. I can't sleep next to my husband if it's not a king. Am I Spoiled? Yes. We all should be when it comes to sleeping- good on ya!
PS. Thanks for the reminder of how crazy swimming lessons are. Mine start in 7 days....
This is the first summer in ...15 years that I haven't had swim lessons. I haven't missed them AT ALL.
What kind of bed did you get? Larry and I are in the market, too. We got ours when I was pregnant with Sari. We are so far overdue.
And by the way, you look cute and darling.
Your sod looks great. That is a major accomplishment. You guys are just so busy this summer with all sorts of projects and fun. I too was very grateful when swim lessons were over and I didn't even have to get wet! They are a lot of work but a necessary part of life so what do you do...endure. Also, love the slumber party thing. We do a lot of "late nights" since we don't do sleepovers either. We do night games as well. Fun for the kids.
Congrats on the swimming lesson completed, alot of work for you! I agree with you on the bed, you probably especially appreciate it being pregnant! Our bed seemed really small when I was pregnant and I added to it by having to sleep with a body pillow. We haven't done the king size thing yet but hopefully someday. Congrats on the grass- it is so fun! Try to relax these last few weeks before your next adventure comes!
One adventure after another. Such a busy, happy little family. I'm especially thrilled about your new bed. Congratulations! I'm proud of the kids and their accomplishments in swimming lessons. See you soon. Thanks for sharing.
I have never done swimming lessons for the very reasons you described above. You go girl!
And we've had a king our entire marriage, but it was used when we got it. We still sleep on it and have talked for YEARS about getting a new one. It's a sad story, really. We know we have to spend some serious money for the right bed and we just can't do it. Anyway, congrats to you and your new prized possession. It is such an important purchase.
Just passing through on your blog and noticed your bed. Looks good. If you're looking for fine bedsheets and such I know someone who can help.
Tristie, so cool! The new bed, finishing swimming lessons, doing all that while very pregnant...super woman!
Post a Comment