I am ever thankful for my Mom. I marvel when I stop and think of all she did to raise eight children. She taught us to work in the house and yard. She taught us to serve others. By her example she taught us to love and accept everyone because they are children of God. Four of my older siblings have worked in care centers with mentally handicapped people and I believe they developed those special abilities partly from watching my Mom love everyone unconditionally. My Mom instilled in me a strong faith and testimony of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. She taught us to work and save money for things we want or go without. She taught me to sew and create and scrapbook. She can make anything out of a milk jug. She truly gave/gives everything for her children. I know she is going to heaven.
I am thankful for my Grandmas. They always made me feel special and loved. They loved my parents and in turn, my parents love me.
I am thankful for my Mother-in-law. I know my husband's many good qualities came from her. She is generous, sympathetic, a good listener, compassionate, and a hard worker. She also loves adventure and having a good time. She is a wonderful Mother and a super Grandmother.
Mother's Day is so important. It gives us a chance to stop and think about what our Mom has done for us and remember all that we are we owe to her. I can't think of a more beautiful job than that of a Mother.
2 comments:
Beautifully written, Tristie! I love this. Even made me a little teary.
I love that picture of all of you. It's the best of jobs, don't you think?
Post a Comment