5/3/10

Tristie needs a change.

I have been thinking about cutting my hair for a lot of months. After this weekend of getting too many big fat pregnant comments, I feel weighed down and am ready to lighten my load in the one place I can: my big giant hair!

I am ready to chop. it. off.

I just need a fresh look to help me get my fun, happy Tristie self back. I miss me! I know I am somewhere under this big mop and extra 20 pounds.

It's too much work to fight my thick natural curl, so I have learned to embrace it and like it. Things haven't changed much for my hair in the past 5 years...


I am always hesitant to get my hair cut because it takes a lot of skill to shape all this glorious hair. I have had a lot of triangle-head haircuts (see 2004 pic). Most hair schools don't train their students to handle hair of this magnitude.

Here is the haircut I want to try...

This is my darling friend Jill. I am nervous to do something really drastic though, because if it turns out ugly... then I will be BIG and UGLY!

So I am taking suggestions. I want a change so no one better tell me "leave it how it is".

Thank you.

16 comments:

dirty mccurdy said...

I think your prego belly is so cute! Don't let anyone make you feel otherwise! The people that made fat comments are probably just jealous that their belly is bigger then yours!

janet said...

I LOVE, love short funky hairstyles. I would totally have one if I didn't have such a round face. But YOU, spunky little Tristie have the perfect face for a short cut. DO IT! DO IT!

and by judging the difference from 2007-2008, it must grow fast. Mine does not, so I'm always afraid to cut it.

Oh, and you ARE in there somewhere!!! Someday you will find yourself again!

val said...

i LOVE jill's haircut. did you guys grow up in the same neighborhood? i kinda think so...
anyway, i love jill's hair short. it's so spunky and cute and you could totally have that look too. if anyone can pull off something great..you can!!

Amelia said...

I feel your pain about the curly hair. I wish I had the courage to cut it that short. I say go for it!

Accuracy Sports said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Accuracy Sports said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Accuracy Sports said...

I like the 2007 cut for a shortie cut. You are always pretty to me.

Kelly Nordfelt said...

I love those bangs, and I think you would rock that look. Do you have a good flat iron? Invest in a CHI. Trust me. You get what you pay for!! Can't wait for the after photo?

Also, are you going to the Curl Up and Dye Salon in town? ;)

Meesha said...

You know me and short hair...it's the only way to go! However, I will tell you that I felt the exact same way when I was pregnant. I chopped off my hair (that wasn't nearly as long as yours) and then I HATED the short hair after about 2 months b/c my face got especially rounder and the short hair made it look even ROUNDER. So...I don't know if I'd go that drastic until AFTER you have the baby-it is cute though and if your face doesn't seem to get rounder with pregnancy-GO FOR IT! Have you thought about making the change with color?

Shannon said...

Actually, I know that you can pull that one off. As you know, I have the massive curls too. I didn't have mine that short, but if you wanted to have a lazy day, you just straighten the front and do the back curly. It was the best hair cut I have ever had. I just haven't had the time to go get it done again. Everyone was saying that they wanted to do their hair just like me.

So yes, you could pull this one off and you will LOVE it!!!

Tiffany said...

I LOVED, LOVED my hair that short. I think you would look great but...... a word of warning as now I am in the growing out stage. NIGHTMARE!

Sant Family said...

I think you would look SMOKIN' with that haircut. Remember the hair you had when my brother Snookie got married? Look it up - it was short and sassy as I recall.

Jaedon Flora said...

Tristie - First of all it sounds like you are having a very rough time. I am so sorry. It isn't fair that you have to be so miserable to bring a special life into this world. You are not huge you just feel that way. You are so beautiful. It is just those stupid hormones that are causing you grief and weighing you down. I know that it sounds so "trite" hearing that from a non pregnant person, because I'm not going through it right now, but oh how I remember how disgusting it feels. I love you muchas! You are amazing and wonderful and beautiful! The lucky thing for you is that you can't make a mistake with your hair. You have the perfect face, hair and body to get away with any haircut you want to try. Just look at those pictures again. SOOOOOOOOO cute! Serious Tristie you just need a big hug and some pampering and however you need to get it then DO IT!!

HeRoosSheRoos said...

Tristie, You are so beautiful that any hair cut would look good on you! My thinking is so practical...would a shorter hair cut mean more work for a tired mama? If so, keep your long hair for now until you have energy to keep up with the short-do. Can't wait to see what you decide!

House of Hullinger said...

I say do it. It will require a lot of Maintenance though. If you want to stay curly, I go to a place in SLC called Sanctuary Day Spa at the Fashion Place Mall. The girl that cuts my hair is really good. Her name is Alicia. If you are ever out there and have time she is great.

Sant Family said...

I had another thought _ I chopped off my locks when I was pregnant with Rachel and Daniel and regretted it BIG TIME. Of course I have a round red face that gets rounder and redder so I had that against me. The truth is - and it's been said by everyone - you will look great no matter what!