5/16/10

fathers and sons/ girls' night

This past weekend was the Fathers and Sons campout and the boys had a great time! Wow, I didn't realize how different (awesome) it was was going to be that Mack was able to go this year. Preslie and I have been stuck with him for the past couple years and while he is cute, it is hard to have any really serious girl bonding time while dealing with his shenanigans.

Preslie was so sad at first that she was being left out of the boys' fun, but soon forgot about camping once we got down to girl business. We scrapbooked and drank pink lemonade, watched Justin Bieber videos, and had a sleepover in my bed. It was really nice to be able to concentrate and listen to her without interruption. It has been too long since I've done that; I am always doing something else while she is talking to me. I think she liked the one-on-one, too. We got up Saturday morning and ate a quick bite then headed out to yard sales before cleaning up our dishes. Super fun.

The boys had a frosty night but their dad came prepared with coats and warm sleeping bags. They called us in the evening and I don't think I have ever heard a more excited 2-year-old. What cute boys. What a great Dad (husband).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable boys! Rad parents. Special times.

Cori and Dusty said...

You know what's funny about them camping when it's cold WHERE YOU ARE?! They postponed our Father/Sons outing because they decided it was too cold just yet here - in Southern California! We must be wimps.

Tiffany said...

Sounds like fun! When its time for the father and son camp out at our house Mike is the on that gets a break :)

Jill Bowcutt said...

Wow, they had that early! They also cancelled our father's and sons last weekend because it was too rainy and cold. It was over 70 degrees! How funny. I forgot to tell you that Jared's new boss is Del Rinquest. I think you know his wife? Anyway, small world. When Jared went to Chicago for training they made the connection. Hope you're feeling well. Oh ya, and I don't know if I'm ready to tackle the recovering chair project. It looks like so much work for someone who doesn't have a clue what I'm doing. Let me know how it goes if you do it.