I bought a fridge lock and installed it on Monday. By Tuesday, Mack could unlatch it with ease.
My brother Lance stayed overnight with us while he was working in the area and brought us steaks and asparagus to grill up. It was so fun to have him visit! While he was here, the kids found this Halloween delight in our window well...
Dax's birthday and we hit Cafe Rio. Alone. Together! It was everything I hoped it would be. Except for when I inhaled a bite and coughed for like 5 minutes. Yeah, slow the shoveling down, Tristie. I am super proud of my man and his dedication to finishing his thesis. He's been working on it so diligently and he worked on it all morning ON his birthday!
My visiting teachers came to see me. They are so cool and always share an inspired message that I need to hear.
I hung up my new bulletin board at the school. It turned out good! I took P and H before school to hang it up and the crowd of little kids around us grew and grew. And the questions were non-stop..."What are you doing? Why are you doing that? Is that a witch? Why is her hair like that? Why are her nails orange? Why doesn't she cut her nails? Is it Halloween? When is Halloween? Is it next week?


(The words read, "Stir up some cash for our school Bring Labels!")
(The words read, "Stir up some cash for our school Bring Labels!")
For Cub scouts we did Bike Safety and the boys had fun riding their bikes together. We had 9 out of 10 boys show up. Next week, we'll have 2 less boys cause of birthdays which is good for sanity but bad cause we love them all.
A family in our ward had a house fire on Friday and it was a total loss. Everyone was ok, except they lost their 2 dogs and cat in the fire. They are devastated. But it has been such a neat thing to see their good attitudes (they came to church today) and see how the ward rushed together to provide them with clothes, underwear, other personal items and two handmade quilts within hours of the disaster. This is why it is called a ward family. So cool. And it made us really count our blessings and made Dax and I move food storage higher on our priority list. We are planning to finish our storage room this weekend.
I attended the General Relief Society Meeting. I enjoy this each year just being with my sister friends from my church and getting inspired with ways to be a better person. I have always loved Relief Society and I'm so grateful to be apart of an inspired organization of Christian women!
Lastly, I decided to throw a Halloween Party this year! I am so excited. I will probably drive my husband nuts but he is being so patient about it. He actually came up with a cool project we're going to do next weekend... we're going to make a coffin...like the creepy kind that are tapered at the bottom. I am so excited. This will be after we finish our storage room. It will be a fun weekend.
4 comments:
Your bulletin board turned out so cute, just as I knew it would, you are so talented. Also, I KNEW you would do a Halloween party and I am certain it will be absolutely fabulous. Sad we don't live closer:( Can't wait to see how it turns out.
Is that a real spider. I think that's even creepyier looking than a scorpion.
Wait, is that thing real? I'm sorry, but I can never come to your house now.
I love, love, love,your bulletin board! Kids are way to smart! Dang them! I wish I could come to your Halloween Party! It should be fun!
Post a Comment