9/21/09

say no to paper clutter

A new school year means going through the huge stack of work I've saved for the kids from last year and weeding through it (again), scanning and chucking things, and getting on top of their school scrapbooks. (I still haven't unpacked my scrapbook stuff since we moved here in Feb.)

Here is one of my favorite books Hunter made in preschool.





The last page cracks me up. You can't see it in the scan but there is a "long neck" that the T-Rex is standing on.


I throw away 95% or more of the school papers my kids bring home. I figure they got what they needed out of that particular assignment; you can take knowledge with you, you can't take papers! My Mom was so awesome to keep many things I did at school each year from K-12 and I look at those scrapbooks about once a year. They are fun so that is why I do keep a few things.

Here are some papers I found on my craft table a few weeks ago.
This is a color wheel Preslie really enjoyed making in art class. It is bulky and the plate and the playdoh are going to crack and break to pieces if I put it in her scrapbook. But she loved it-so I preserved it on this blog forEVER.
Now it can go to it's final resting place in the landfill.

4 comments:

K said...

I think this is one of the hardest things to tackle especially from pre-school to about second grade. It really slows down after that. I keep K's stuff for a year and then go through it and keep the things that we still love. I also invested in these flat boxes that are about 15 inches squared maybe. I did one box for every two years. They are stacked in my scrapbook room. Someday maybe I'll get them digitized, but for now at least I know what year they were completed. We try and refresh our refrigerator treasures, but some stay up over a year! Good job getting stuff organized. I have yet to finish his 4/5th grade box!

ZyAubRinaSon said...

Never thought to take a picture with Aubrae. Will defiantly do it with Zya. Great Idea thanks!

Kimberly said...

(Big Smile) I was just doing the same thing this week.

Kimberly said...

P.S. I haven't unpacked my scrapbook stuff since we left Logan. No rush right?