9/7/09

making stuff

Hunter and I made a pirate gingerbread boy for his class. I did the same thing with Preslie when she was in Kindee-garden. Only hers was a princess. Oh, it was so cute after I colored his dude tan because I told him pirates are out in the sun all day on their ship. He then goes outside and comes in a few minutes later and asks, "Am I tan now?"
Hunter likes to make mud in our front yard. He is working so hard to spray the mud off the hose which happens to be lying in the mud.

Mack LOVES to make conversation on the phone. A lot of what he talks about includes swimming lessons or vehicles.

This past weekend, Mom taught Dax and I how to can. Together, we canned 61 jars of peaches and wore my poor sweet Mom right out. After that, I went to Midway to check out Swiss Days. A lot of creative talent in one place!


Mom has been making a lot of darling flowers for her granddaughters. She thinks them up out of her head and her hands crochet the cutest, funkiest, and beautiest flowers ever! I am so happy she stared a crochet group in her ward's Relief Society and is sharing her amazing talents.

And lastly, I completed the 2 skirts I set out to make this week! They turned out adorable and I will be making 2 more like these.

I really like to make stuff.

7 comments:

K said...

Darling skirts, darling hat, darling flower on the hat! So much talent! I'm so jealous. The peaches look amazing and I am so very proud of you. I know it was a lot of work, but you'll be happy you did them this winter. What a good Mom you have. I have your photos from Swiss Days, and I"ll try and download them and get them e-mailed off to you in the next couple days. Not tonight- YW. Tomorrow probably.

Anonymous said...

You're my new domestic diva hero. Congratulations on all your grand projects.

HeRoosSheRoos said...

Is there anything you can't do? You are supermom and so creative. I love the skirt- everytime she twirls, she'll spread the love around that went into making it.

Tiffany said...

DARLING SKIRT....DARLING!

61 jars? Makes me tired just thinking about canning that many peaches:) They will make some killer cobbler for sure!

moi said...

You are the bomb! That gingerbread pirate, getting candids of your kids doing cute everyday stuff, canning, and sewing! I totally love the skirt, did you make up your own pattern?

Cori and Dusty said...

That skirt is adorable! You should sell those!

ZyAubRinaSon said...

Cutest skirt ever! Looks like a lot of cutting and way too much time sewing pieces together! I love it, You are such fabulously talented lady!