he loves anything with wheels. always has. cars, trucks, tractors, diesels, dump trucks, 4-wheelers, lawn mowers, ..you get the idea.
he eats a peanut butter sandwich (or any type of sandwich) by opening the bread slices and scraping out the filling with his hands and eating it off his fingers. In this manner...
loves to talk on the phone. wants to answer it whenever it rings. once on the phone, he doesn't give it up easily. [check out a couple posts back "conversation with the President"]climbs on the bar, gets into the cabinet and opens spices and dumps them into the pan on the stove. also does this with olive oil. i guess he is learning to imitate cooking, but super annoying (and dangerous) when Dax or I are trying to cook for real.
when he talks to me, his sentences always end in "Mom".
loves to read books. will try to get anyone to read to him. and recently has fallen for our Halloween books. We have all read Big Pumpkin and Spooky Hour a couple dozen times.
can ride his tricycle so well!
talks about swimming lessons constantly. I didn't even sign him up this summer but he is constantly talking about him or other people going to swimming lessons. The other day driving down the street he saw a lady walking outside and said, "Who's that?"
and I said, "It's a nice lady."
Then he said, "She doe wih-wee leh-leh" (she's going to swimming lessons)
I have no idea.
Says funny stuff on purpose like one night I was trying to brush his teeth and he said "Where's Taylor Swip? (Swift)"
Me: "Um, she's at her house."
Mack: "I nah her mum to Ma house" (I want her to come to Mack's house)
Me: "Oh, wow! That would be cool."
Mack: "I'm Taylor Swip!"
He wants to ride the bus to school with his brother and sister SO bad.
He wants to go anywhere anyone goes.
He really loves his Daddy and it makes me SO happy. My last baby boy was a complete Mama's boy until he was like 4.
He likes outside. And he gets out there as much as he can. Thank goodness for dead bolts.
He can recognize anyone's car after seeing it once. He'll see the same make of car and say, "That's Bridgett's (or Katie's, or Dakota's) car"
Mack's birthday was fun. After he got me up, we went (he ran) into the kitchen and he saw a big present and did not hestitate at all... pulled the paper off and climbed in. Everything is his anyway, just ask him.

I showed him the pumpkin pie in the fridge that he'd been talking about for a couple weeks..."I have puh-peh pie for my bit-day!" You got it, dude.
We played and played and just had fun and then Preslie and I wanted to hit some yard sales. Mack is always down to go with us. Hunter had no choice cuz Dax was working. It was way fun, we scored some goodies, but Mack came away with a big fat lip. So sad. And he got it at a yard sale that wasn't even that cool.
So of course I got him a $2 popper push toy that had his eye (and hands) on.
Later on in the day, more b-day bad luck.. he sprung a fever, but still kept his spirits up as he got a suh-weet bulldozer from Grandma and Grandpa Mangus. Also blowing out the candles was a BIG hit. over and over. And the pumpkin pie was delish.

6 comments:
Where did that blondie come from anyway? He's so stinkin' cute, Happy Birthday little Mack man!
WHAT!! He is TWO years old... Man time really does fly!!
I can't believe he is two! He is one of the cutest little boys I've ever seen and just filled with pure joy! Give him a squeeze from us.
Happy memories with a wonderful little family. These ARE the good times. Thanks for sharing.
Happy Birthday to my sweet Mack. I hope you are feeling better. We are keeping you and your Mom in our prayers!
That is awesome that he recognizes cars! He probably knows mine because we spent so much quality time huddled up in it!
Post a Comment