10/20/09

disasters and blessings

Long story, short: Preslie was hospitalized today.

NO SHE DOES NOT HAVE S.F. (I can't even bring myself to say the words, or type them. I am pretty sick of hearing about that illness.)


How about pneumonia? There's an illness for ya. That is what Preslie has and she is very sick. I have a million "I should haves" in my head, but none of them will make her better now so I will just be grateful.

I am grateful for Doctors that know what they are doing and diagnose correctly.
I am grateful for hospitals with machines and technology that can give me answers. I love hospitals.
I am grateful for neighbors who drop everything to come get your baby and pick up your kindergartener from school.
I am grateful for Grandmas who drive out to save the day when your husband is out of state so you can go get your kids from your neighbors' house.
I am grateful for a husband who works hard so our family can have good health insurance and who comes home from a trip he has had planned for a year and paid lots of money for so he can be with his family.
I am grateful for loving family who lend support and prayers when they can't be there to help.
I am grateful my boys and I are over the 'flu (or whatever we had). I hope to never take my health for granted again. To be able to stand up and walk and get my own drinks and chase my toddler and shower and have energy to move and work is SO AWESOME!

And I am going to need a lot of energy for what is waiting for me once I publish this post...



Also Mack was a big help while I was talking on the phone to many family members tonight, he got all the boxes of cereal we own and opened them and took them in various rooms in the house to snack on them. Plus he dumped one completely out onto the floor. He also emptied a box of kleenexes and my bathroom cabinets. I guess I'd rather have him healthy and full of energy than lying down in a hospital bed, barely able to move.

13 comments:

Meridee Mc said...

So sorry about Preslie. Hope things are getting better at your house. Nothing scarier than having your babies sick and hospitalized. My heart goes out to you. We will keep you in our prayers.

Amelia said...

Oh no! I hope that she feels better soon.

Ashley said...

What? Is she ok? That's it, the Paces are hibernating, I'll see you in the spring. I'll be thinking of Pres all day (and you! I wish I could come take care of your house so you could just take care of your babies.)

K said...

We'll be remembering you guys in our prayers. I hope Preslie and all of you are doing better. This sickness stuff is for the birds. I hope we are all getting it out of the way before winter comes:) We've been knocked out at our house for a couple weeks, but luckily nothing as serious as yours. I wish many times a week that we lived closer to each other and now I am wishing it more than ever. I wish I could bring you a meal, clean up your house, watch your kids or all of the above. All I can do from this far away is send my love, hugs, and pray for you. If you think of something else I can do from a distance, you know you can call me!

Heather said...

wow. so sorry to hear about that. when you have little ones it's so hard when they're sick, for everyone- its stressful! hope you're doing better soon!

Sant Family said...

Oh boy.

Prayers for your family!

Kelli said...

You are in my prayers!

Beau and Rach said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beau and Rach said...

SOOO scary!!! Hope she's all better soon. Love you all!

HeRoosSheRoos said...

I'm so sorry. I hope all of you feel better soon. If I was closer I would even offer to mop your floors,which is my least favorite chore. That's how much I love you! Getter better!

Bonnie said...

Dax and Tristie,
I don't usually comment on your blog, but I read it often.
I am so sorry about your sweet Preslie. She will be fine now that you know what is wrong with her. DON'T feel guilty. Rich and I once told Carly to excerise her elbow to make it feel better. In fact, we took the family to Veyo for a swim and told her to "Stretch it out". Two weeks later we found out she had a fractured elbow and she wore a pink cast for a month!
I had pneumonia this summer. I knew I wasn't getting well but didn't go to the doctor until I was way bad. I agree with you, don't ever take health for granted. How I wish I could help you with your kids and house. Our family loves Dax...and you and the kids. I hope your family is back to normal soon. Know we love you.

janet said...

what a great outlook you have on life-- even amidst ALL the chaos. It truly is amazing how much we appreciate our health (or the health of our children) when it's taken away...

and sorry about your busy toddler. I used to have one of those. Believe it or not, he turned from a human tornado to the BEST little helper. Have hope for him yet!

Tiffany said...

WHY do I have to live so far away???

You're awesome and I know you can handle anything but if you need help finding a laugh call me :)