10/11/09

in the thick of it

No one would ever believe the serenade my husband gave me last night. ALL night. Snoring, I mean. I almost didn't believe it myself. It was so loud and so impressive that I found myself saying "Wow" out loud several times throughout the night. Of course, I wasn't bugged. He is sick; we all are. And if I hadn't been battling a severe fever and chills, I'd have gotten up and found a tape recorder. It's too bad because I know he would have thanked me.

Here is a pic of my kids after school, collapsed on the couch with 102 degree fevers. A huge sorry to their classmates.


We have been sick way too much the past month, but this one wins the award for meanest virus. Pretty sure it is some kind of 'flu. But that is a lame thing to blog about so here are some happys from the past couple weeks...




I am giddy that our storage room is completed!


And here she is with all the kids' clothes we own adorning the shelves..


I called my Mom to tell her the great news. She said, "I get excited about storage rooms!" I knew she would be happy for me!

That same weekend, we painted the inside of our garage and all of our exterior doors.

And Dax turned into our hero when he came home from his trip and took care of the 4 of us. Hunter pretty much summed up how things were going when he said, "Hey, Dad. Can you get Mack some breakfast 'cause I'm tired of getting breakfast for him."
Dax also brought home a 38 lb pumpkin from the grocery store to lift our spirits.
This little boy was at the height of his glory: on the table, making messes, and nobody stopping him!

7 comments:

K said...

So sorry you are sick. Me too! I can't get over it but I am tired of being sick and half functional I'll tell you that. I love, love, love the storage shelves. I am so jealous about how organized you can be with those. I am currently trying to figure out a way to organize my overflowing storage that is all over my basement! Feel better. Hugs.

Ashley said...

My mom got sick a few weeks ago and when I called she was laying in bed reading. I said "Oh man, I so want to be sick right now." But when you're a mom, you don't get a break, huh. No sick days allowed, blah. I painted those exact same doors in our last apartment, they were a pain! But Justin is a perfectionist and we had to paint them inside our little apartment which meant jumping over six drying doors on your way to the bathroom :) Your storage room looks divine...so many shelves! I love it.

HeRoosSheRoos said...

I hope you all feel better soon!

meridee mc said...

Hey -- sounds like you all got the old "swine flu". It has been rampant here in Northern Utah. My niece's family in Pocatello is just getting over it.Her kids were all home for a week. Take care of yourselves! Get well soon.

Sant Family said...

Sorry you are riding the sick bus these days! Yuck!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your storage shelves! They are so beautiful, all filled with clothes and looking amazing! Happiness really is a well organized storage room.

RaeLynn said...

I am a huge fan of storage and I am excited for you! Wow...Can't wait to see those lined with food storage :)

I had a fever of 102.5 a few weeks ago and wanted to die :( That is awful. I hope you are feeling better. That is NO GOOD.

Unknown said...

WHOAH NO!! We were sick this last week too. So yucky. I've almost got my kitchen painted since being holed up all cozy -- it's a dark cobalt blue. Crossing my fingers that we'll stay healthy now! I hope you do too! So not fun to watch kids be sick. I'm glad Dax is a master chef and did a good job taking over the kitchen.

I love your storage room!!! Have fun filling it up!