8/25/08

my darling first grader!


Preslie began first grade today. Her excitement could not be contained as she had a hard time falling asleep last night and I could barely keep her in the door long enough so I could get dressed and walk her out to the bus stop. I love the spazzy picture of her. She posed like that on her own and just shows how much spunk and personality is bursting out of that girl. The bus didn't show so after a phone call, I found out they dropped our route. I am guessing because of the price of gas. I was really counting on not having to take her or pick her up this year! We took her and found her class. After school, we picked her up and she told us all about her FUN day of reading The Kissing Hand, going on a treasure hunt all around the school to find cookies, yummy school lunch, her new friend Mya, and a boy that would not stop talking to her. She layed out her clothes and can't wait for tomorrow!

5 comments:

K said...

Love the photo of the three of them with Mack screaming. That's priceless. First grade is a big year. It was probably K's favorite. There are so many new adventures. Best of luck in first grade Pres, we know you'll be awesome!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Preslie Girl. I'm proud of her. I'm sure her teacher will recognize right off what an asset she will be to the class. Teachers love smart, friendly, first borns.

Amelia said...

So adorable. I used to love the first day of school.

annek said...

She couldn't look happier...good luck little woman!!

janet said...

I am SO behind on your blog. So much has happened. How is it already time to start school again? That girl could NOT be any cuter! I want to be friends with her at school.