8/18/08

family vacation


My sis and her family were the hosts
of our family vacation to the Oregon Coast.
Lighthouses, scenery, ocean views, and sand
We experienced beauty by sea and by land.


Old Town Bandon and Cranberry Sweets
Battered/deep fried prawns and halibut couldn't be beat.
Dax caught some crabs and cooked them up right
And hundreds of fatty sea lions were such a delight.


A boat ride, Cape Arago, and Coast Guard tour

Beach hopping from Coquille to Bandon, and more.

"Isn't Bastendorf the birthplace of Harry Potter?"
Said my bro as he threw a starfish in the water.


Picking blackberries and making freezer jam
was just as fun as playing Rock Band.


Golden and Silver Falls was next on our list
Oregon is so green and in the air there's a mist.


Gorgeous Shore Acres is where we stopped last
the gardens and beach there could not be surpassed.


Then bye-bye sis and hello sea anemones



And on up the road to Tillamook Cheese.



What a super vacation. I love my family!

It was worth the 19 hours to get there, YIPPEE!


16 comments:

Shelly Traveller said...

sounds like a lovely vacation.

Abbey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Abbey said...

I'm SO happy you guys got home safely and had such a wonderful time in Oregon!! I loved all of the pictures you posed and your poem... you're so creative! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

What an amazing and beautiful vacation with your family. I am jealous!!! I love all the pictures. That baby of your is just too much for me, I just love him so much. I love the pic of he and Zya holding hands while Dax and Jason had them in the backpacks. These are such sweet memories to hold onto forever. Please tell Tyrel how adorable I think he is!!! And you and your sisters of course look BEAUTIFUL as always! I am glad you had fun.

K said...

Tristie, Tristie, Tristie, you amaze me with your creativity every time! I love the poem, and um deary, those photos- awesome. I see a mini-album in your near future. The Oregon Coast is one of our favorite places to go, and isn't the Tillamook factory awesome? We did Christmas on the coast three years ago, it was the best. I thinkt he family photo with the misty background it amazing. So glad you had so much fun. I'm jealous you got to see the ocean. We didn't make it to an ocean this year:(

Lifes Great Adventures said...

It looks like you had a great time! I love the Oregon Coast its so pretty. I am glad you guys got to go there! It's been awhile since I have been there and I would love to visit again. You are making me want to plan a trip to go there right now.
Destiny

Melanie said...

Wow, I did the same vacation about 12 years ago when my sister lived there...SO BEAUTIFUL! I have to say in all my travels to all those wonderful places, THIS was the best of all, glad you shared the pic, and a special thanks for the one of the fried shrimp....my mouth is watering just remembering the taste of them!

val said...

Wow. wow. and WOW! Looks like such a great vaca location. Loved your photos. AMAZING.

Ashley said...

What a beautiful place. I LOVE the picture of the babies giving each other knuckles, awesome!

Brittany said...

Fun fun!! I love Mac's Hair do. The Blue and Green Mohak is so Cool... ( Had to look twice to really understand)

karlin said...

GORGEOUS pictures! I love all the scenery. Looks like a great family vacation.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Ahhh.....so beautiful. So glad you could see Shore Acres even if it was a rainy day. I love that place. The blackberry collage was incredible; they all were. You had the trip of a lifetime. Love the misty family group photo. Such awesome memories. Glad you're home safe and sound, much enriched, but home nonetheless.

ZyAubRinaSon said...

We had so much fun and were so glad you guys could make it out here to visit us. We think your photos turned out awesome. We miss you guys already and love you.

Jacob said...

Yay for Oregon! I'm from Oregon and we are headed to the Coast next month for our first "family vacation" just the 3 of us. I'm so glad you got to have the ice-cream at Tillamook! It's the best! Looks like you have a wonderful family to vacay with!

Tristie hearts Dax said...

hi mom are vacation was fun love
Preslie.