8/21/08


Mack changes so quickly as of late. Every 2 weeks he is a different baby than before. I really love babies from 9-24 months. They just grow up and learn so much so fast. Really, all my kids have been growing and changing tons lately. I think we are entering a new phase in our family. Just a few months ago, I would have said I have 3 little kids. But I don't think they are little now. They are just kids. Preslie can read so well, she is such a great help to me with Mack and around the house when I need her. She is like a mini adult and understands almost everything that goes on and is my little buddy. She always amazes me at what her brain comes up with. She is constantly busy with one project or another... writing books, drawing, painting, hosting tea parties, setting up clubhouses, performing dances for us. I wonder what she'll be up to (or in to) next.

There is no sign of baby left in my little Hunter boy. He is long and lean and super bright. He borderlines obsessive about certain rules; buckling his seat belt, brushing his teeth before bed.

He is SO good to Preslie. He plays all kinds of stuff with her that some boys would barf about... Barbies, Polly Pockets, Care Bears, dress up. He remains crazy stubborn in many situations and I feel like I have to force him to do the littlest things sometimes. I think he is just a laid back guy that would rather play in his jammies all day and watch movies and eat popcorn. I love to catch him playing toys by himself while doing a running commentary. It gets me! He is a loving boy, still likes to snuggle, and will still let me kiss his cheeks-which are so much thinner than they used to be, but still good.

Mack is so crazy. He is either full speed or sleeping. That accounts for the perma-bruises on his forhead. He remains ridiculously attached to me. He loves to get in the measuring cup drawer, the dishwasher, and started standing up in his high chair today. So now I have to buckle him and keep the food coming so he won't climb out and break his beautiful round head. He loves to peek around the corner at me, he crawls pushing cars and other objects down the hall. He is very close to his first word. He can repeat back mama and dada, but I am not sure he knows what they mean, yet. I am waiting for him to say mama when he wants me or dada when he sees Dax. He loves music and will fall asleep to anything with a good beat. He can stand alone unassited for a few seconds, but isn't confident so he just falls on purpose when I try to get him to do it. Babies are so fun at this age, but so hard to take anywhere that isn't baby-proof (which is almost everywhere) because all he wants to do is get down and crawl in the dirt, eat rocks or other sick stuff on the ground, fall down people's stairs, etc. So I hold him. A LOT. My arms, shoulders, and back are buff, I tell you. Even though he's a baby, he is so much different than the floppy newborn I had 10 months ago. He is much more like a kid, with opinions, interests, personality, independence, and sweet smile.
Preslie starts 1st grade Monday and dance class this week. Hunter starts preschool next week. Mack will be one and walking and talking before we know it. Life continues to be fun and exciting and ever-accelerating. I love it.

4 comments:

K said...

It really is amazing everything a baby learns in the first year. Imagine if we could keep that speed and learning curve our entire lives! We would be so smart and accomplish so much. I just can't believe how fast time flies and how big your kids are getting. Preslie and Hunter have changed a ton just in the year you've been gone. We sure miss seeing them grow up!

Beau and Rach said...

Mack's starting to get a big boy look! What a sweet heart. I love the pictures! Two of Owen's very favorite places are the towel drawer and dishwasher!

Tiffany said...

I cant believe our little babies are going to 1st grade! Time goes by so fast. Good luck Preslie in 1st grade!

Anonymous said...

Mom I love Mack