I had to chuckle to just myself this morning as I was changing a stink-o diaper while instructing Preslie on how to use my paper trimmer when Hunter stands on the chair I was sitting on and says, "Hey Mom, let's jump!" and then proceeds to start jumping up and down on the cushion.
Life is anything but dull around here. This month we celebrate one year since moving to this town. WHAT a year! I must say that now, we like it here. Because we've discovered that summers here are FUN.
The elementary school has a summer reading program every Wednesday and Pres gets a free book and then they do a story and drawing for prizes. Every week they draw for a bike or a scooter and then a bunch of other small prizes. Preslie hasn't been drawn out yet, but we're hoping. We've started reading the Junie B. Jones series by Barbara Park and my kids just love that nutty little girl.
In the summer, the state funds a free sack lunch for kids 0-18 served at the city park every weekday and we've loved going to eat and then play with friends we see there.
Our town has a huge week long summer celebration where there are tons of events, a parade,
activities for kids, free swimming days, concerts, pageants, and fireworks. (Mack was not into the loud honking semi trucks in the parade)
This is aside from the 4th and 24th of July stuff that goes on locally, which we also enjoyed, including a magic show I took Preslie and Hunter to.
Add that to the fun trips to see family and friends and the fact that it is not 4 below just makes things a whole lot better.
So now that we've adjusted to life here (for the most part)-- time to start a new adventure!
...stay tuned...
5 comments:
Hey Tristie! This is Jenn (Sandoval)Rushton. I just wanted to say hi! Your family is so cute. Wow we are all getting so old:) You are such a cute mom. Keep in touch through this blogging world. Hope all is well.
A new adventure? I'm intrigued...
Hey Tristie- Haven't talked to you much lately! Craaazzzyy month. I just have to say you are the cutest blogger, and you are too cute. Hope you and your family are well!
I can't believe it's been a year. Although, I miss you enough to know it's been a year. I'm so glad you've found so many reasons to love where you live. Can't wait for the news on the new adventure!
I love the life of a stay-at-home mommy! I cant wait to here about the next adventure!
Post a Comment