
Whoa, we are FINALLY back from our crazy fun long trip. What a week! Here is a (LONG)breakdown of what we've been doing for the past 7 days... Last Thurs we drove to Logan and Dax met with his statistician to get that part of his thesis done. We are happy to keep moving in the right direction with this pr
oject. I stopped by to see my friend Kim for a bit before we headed up the road to camp in Idaho. The big reunion started on Friday when family from all over began coming together and having a super time. We camped 3 nights in a tent. We opted to leave our little pop-up trailer home this time and brought our tent instead. Camping without it reminded me just how convenient it is to have it, ESPECIALLY when it came time to cook and eat. Just to eat a simple breakfast, I had to grab spoons and bowls from the tent, cereal from the car, milk from the cooler, and then take it all to the picnic table. I got spoiled with my trailer having it all in one place and at arms reach. During the first (cold) night, I was more worried about the baby with keeping him warm and hoping he'd stay asleep all night but it was Preslie who had us up with intermittent puking spells. All the roughing it was worth it for the fun times we had playing with Dax's aunts, uncles, cousins, and second-cousins. These are GREAT people. Happy, down-to-earth, fun, loving, and pretty darn hilarious at times.
oject. I stopped by to see my friend Kim for a bit before we headed up the road to camp in Idaho. The big reunion started on Friday when family from all over began coming together and having a super time. We camped 3 nights in a tent. We opted to leave our little pop-up trailer home this time and brought our tent instead. Camping without it reminded me just how convenient it is to have it, ESPECIALLY when it came time to cook and eat. Just to eat a simple breakfast, I had to grab spoons and bowls from the tent, cereal from the car, milk from the cooler, and then take it all to the picnic table. I got spoiled with my trailer having it all in one place and at arms reach. During the first (cold) night, I was more worried about the baby with keeping him warm and hoping he'd stay asleep all night but it was Preslie who had us up with intermittent puking spells. All the roughing it was worth it for the fun times we had playing with Dax's aunts, uncles, cousins, and second-cousins. These are GREAT people. Happy, down-to-earth, fun, loving, and pretty darn hilarious at times.
Southern Idaho is beautiful. We enjoyed the natural surroundings as well as the the big horseshoe championship, crafts, treasure hunt, campfire chats, all the little kids, delicious food,and most of all, good company. Sunday (Father's Day), we packed up and drove to my 



parents' in WJ. We had dinner together with my parents and 3 of my brothers but I forgot to
snap a picture with my dad! It was better than last year when I forgot to call him. I know, nice daughter. When I did eventually call him, he had not disowned me. He is probably the most laid back, low-maintenance dad there is. Having the big McDermott reunion every Father's day weekend distracts me from doing anything really special on Father's day for Dax or my dad because I am so busy packing and getting ready for the campout. One of these years, I will plan ahead and be ready. But they know I love them! Preslie had fun when Grandma taught her how to play the game Pente. H
unter loved spraying the bottom of Grandma's feet with the water bottle to cool her off. And they both loved watching endless movies with Grandma. I finally went to see Tyrel's apartment for the first time--he only lives a few miles from my parents. He is such a cool, cute guy. I can't believe he is still single! I love the litte craft we are standing in front of in this picture. It says, "prayer changes things". When I commented about it he said, "Oh, that came with the apartment and I felt too guilty to take it down."
__________________________________________________________________
Monday, Dax drove back to Roosey to work and the kids and I stayed and hung out with my mom and also tried to get ahold of some friends. We went swimming with Katie and 2 of her kids
at her in-laws house. It was great to see her and catch up a bit. We've known each other since we were 3 years old. She lived a few houses away and we did everything together as kids. Primary, girls' camp, Oakcrest, Lagoon, boys, dance class, piano lessons, sleepovers, birthday parties, you name it. We were BFF all through elementary, middle, and high school and shared a locker almost every year. We got married within a year of each other and our first babies (both girls) were born 6 weeks apart. She had a baby boy 3 months after Hunter was born. On our 3rd baby, she beat
me to it not only in timing but in number. She had twins (a boy and a girl) a year before Mack was born. I am grateful I didn't follow suit with the twin thing. I was quite nervous about it since we'd done everything else the same! She is a much better and saner mother than me and handles twins wonderfully. She is one of those moms who always seems to have it together. Her husband is a wonderful guy, her kids are darling, her house is way cute, and she is always cute. But the most important thing is she is a great girl and a loving mom and always has her priorities straight. She puts her kids and family first but also takes time for herself to do things she likes. She is amazing and I love her!



____________________________________________________________________
That night, Dax came back to WJ. ____________________________________________________________________
Wednesday, Dax flew to Boise and back. I did my last errands and tried to pack up a week's worth of our messes. When Dax flew in, we drove to Utah County to have dinner with our friends Mike and Tiffany and their family. We met their cute family in Logan 4 years ago when they moved in directly above us. I still miss hearing their kids running around above my head. We love their family and cherish the fun times we shared when we lived close to them swapping babysitting (so nice!), having barbeques, and just chatting outside while our kids played. We had a great visit, yummy food, and got to see their new house. We drove home late Wednesday night.
I enjoyed this trip so much. I really didn't want to come home. Probably because I have piles of laundry, sleeping bags, and cub scout stuff to do. But I guess vacations can't last forever!

14 comments:
Remember these times. THESE ARE THE GOOD OLD DAYS - you will refer to in the future.
That picture in front of the geometric shapes can not be you, it has to be Blossom!
WOW! Sounds like a lot of fun. You almost have to vacation from your vacation. Packing up just for Molly is a chore I cant imagine packing for 3.
Tristie - that was such a fun week. I hope you recover from the laundry. I loved the pictures of you and Katie when you were younger. For me it is hard to imagine you ever little anymore. I think I missed a lot of your teen years. Love you tons.
WOW! I cannot believe that you still have that picture with all of us when we were so little. We were quite a crew. I cannot believe that all of us have grown up, gotten married, and have kids. So hard to believe we were ever that little. Such a cute picture. And I love the ones of you and Katie. Time sure does fly huh? I love ya so much Trist and I am so glad we got to hang out a little bit. We have to do that more often. I don't have many friends that I keep in contact with, but I definitely have to keep in touch with you for the rest of my life. You are such a good person and it is so awsome to see what a good mommy and wife you are. I am so grateful that we are still friends. Hope to see you again soon. Now that I have a pool at my complex the next time you come up, we can go swimming for free!!!
Wow, I'm very impressed with Mack! We took Zeke camping last summer, and it was AWFUL! We finally had to drive for over an hour to get him to fall asleep at midnight! And, of course, he was awake again at 5am. Geez...
this looks like fun! i love the pictures of you and dax :)
Also--you are the best! thank you so much for the last comment you left on my BSB blog. It made my day and it made me look at things in a different light!
Please tell Mike and Tiff 'Hello' from the Sants. We have lose contact somehow.
We are so glad that you came by our house! It was great to see you except for now I am going through withdrawals again with not having you guys as neighbors :)
Wow I didn’t know Katie had twins. I still remember that birthday party! I think I recall a blindfold, an flying! I was the one in the purple shirt not looking at the camera.
How much fun was this trip?! It looks like you had a blast. It was so fun to see you for a few minutes, and we'll have to do a real visit this summer still. I love that you got to see so many friends, and that you posted the old photos! Family reunions are always so much fun and make such happy memories. I'm so glad you had such a great vacation. By the way, I love Preslie's hair, so cute!!!
WOW WHAT A WEEK & WHAT A POST! I love all the pictures and the updates! YOu are so Beautiful and fabulous! Love ya Trina
I can't believe you put those pics on!!!!! Those are suppose to stay tucked away in an old photo album no body looks at! Thanks for your comments, although they are not true, it's nice to hear sometimes. I'm so glad that we are still apart of each others lives, if only Mr. Funk could see us now....Life certainly has a way with throwing you for a few loops, I think thats when we need to take a break and look at all the blessing we have and how lucky we are to have them.
Love you, Katie
Katie needs a blog so we can all keep in touch! So does Lisa and Rachel. Oh, the memories!
Post a Comment