There are so many things to do when you move.
I didn't think cleaning a can of Comet off my new floors would be one of them. The soda spill, Comet, and sewing pins all happened before 9am.
The previous day, Mack got a hold of a bag of Cheerios (thanks Preslie) and he was not content just to dump them all on the floor; he had to stomp on them, too.

LIFE! I am so happy to be apart of it and I am serious about that. After thinking last week that I would lose my sister in a few short years, things just don't seem that bad. I am not saying life isn't stressful and sometimes more than I think I can take, but there are people out there with far worse problems. Dax and I go nearly insane keeping our baby from destroying everything around him, including himself. Mack's ability to cause destruction grows exponentially every day. Yet I know there are couples out there that would do anything to have a child. And I would desperately love for them to come babysit mine. It seems like there are a million little projects and jobs to do on our house still and we just can't keep up! But I am GRATEFUL for a comfortable home. There are families out there who wonder where they are going to sleep tonight and people who have lost their jobs and are stressing to make their house or rent payment. So really life isn't all too bad.
It's wonderful.
12 comments:
Yes, I couldn't agree more. Somedays, when the word "overkill" doesn't quite cover Reese's ability to nag for something all day long, or Spencers sensitive emotion seems particularily strong, that I have to remember that life is the gift and all these small moments are layers of "knowledge" that the Lord wants us to learn...sometimes I just wish I could fast forward though!!!
I am so sorry for you and the trials you have to endure. I hope the house can be repaired and Mack learns how to clean up after himself. Grandpa
I know what you mean we have been working on little things in our house, they seem to take alot of time up:) What's your email & regular address we would like to send you a invite to Adilyn's blessing.
Thanks!
spackmansrock@msn.com
Wow. First off, I hope the worker from the phone company told you about what he did so you didn't have to find out the hard way. Next, I am excited that you are finally in your house! Last, I am so releaved to hear that your sister's surgery was successful. What a miracle!
Congratulations-moving in sounds fabulous. Exhausting, but fabulous.
Also, a heartfelt congratulations on your sister's successful surgery.
Sounds like things are going well for the Mangus crew! Glad you are in your new house and sis is doing well. What a miracle!
Two words--Baby Proofing! :) That's great news about your sister. Scary health news is never fun.
Congratulations on your new home and the adventures you are going to have now that your children have room to move and breathe fresh air. OHHHH The energy they will have now that they have clean lungs.
Congratulations on your sister also. I am so glad to hear she is well. We miss you.
Thanks for the good giggle this morning! What else can you do about the "paths of destruction" but take a photo and laugh about it. As you said just be grateful you have a little one that is well enough to have the energy, curiosity, and creativity to create such messes:)
Isn't it just grand when they get into everything and make a mess. Mack is just too funny! I sure hope the phone company is going to replace that window. What a joke, don't hire idiots.
we must be a little insane to APPRECIATE our crazy, messy children. but I hear you 100%. it's about finding the blessings amidst the chaos.
and I am praying that your little one doesn't turn out to be as bad as mine :)
Post a Comment