This morning I attended our stake Relief Society Women's Conference. It really boosted my spirits and I went away with some goodies to ponder on. One being this:
Our perception becomes our reality.
If I perceive I am pretty, I am. If I perceive I am a good Mother, I am. If I perceive my husband and children are angels, then they are. On the other hand, If I perceive that I am not as good as my neighbor, then I'm not. If I perceive that my body looks wrong, then it does. If I perceive that life sucks, then it does. I love the idea of creating a vision for my life and then changing my perception to match that vision and in turn my perception starts to become my reality. Changing our lives from good to great is a matter of milimeters, not miles. All it takes is a few small changes to make ourselves who we really want to be. But first we have to figure out who that is. Once we do that, we can get to work and make it happen!
Later this afternoon, I worked with Dax in our backyard pulling up weeds and trees. Who needs candles when you have a burning pile of weeds! Woo HOO! After dinner we did some pillow fighting, wrestling, and tickling, and called it a night.

So far, 28 is great.
9 comments:
Happy Birthday and thanks for the advice!
I hope you are feeling better. I love the little family picture of you guys. I love the photos at the top of the page. And I needed the inspiration you got at your meeting:)
Happy Late Birthday! I knew it was coming up :)
Great thoughts about making our perceptions our reality. Something I need to work harder at.
your golden birthday! horrah! glad you had a good one.
i liked your perceptions as our reality bit. it's true. and i like you.
happy belated birthday! Miss you guys in the ward.
To know Tristie is to love Tristie. We are all thankful for you little kid. HAPPIEST YEAR TO COME!
I thought of you on your bday. I hope it was a great one. Leave it to me to comment late! Can you believe I still remember your bday after all this time? Half the time I can't remember my name!
When I turn 28 (in 2 months) I want to be just like you. But for now I'm struggling with the fact that several ladies in my ward thought I was in my mid thirties. Do you have any wise words on changing their perspectives.
A BELATED HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Sorry I missed it! I love your thoughts about perception. It's so true!! I think that's how I have to make myself set a happy tone for the home. I can for sure tell if I get crabby everyone else does. So sometimes I have to let everyone "think" I'm happy until they're sleeping! Then I can deal with it in a healthy way and tell myself I am a good mommy! :) And then read happy blogs like yours so I can remember life is beautiful!
Post a Comment