
I wanted to post pics of the house when it was done, but now I realize a house is never done. There is always something to work on so here is us at this point in time. I am not going to worry about the unfinished curtains, unpacked boxes, newlywed furniture, and dirty dishes, etc. I am going to say that we really love our new house and are so comfy and love to RUN and even walk without crashing into things and people. We also love TWO bathrooms. And a garage. And a sweet range. And a basement, which I've never really posted pics of before...
The Basement:

Our Room:

The Basement:

Our Room:

Dining and Kitchen: The 50's turquoise dinette is for sale. Any reasonable offer will not be refused. 
The kids' rooms:

Here are some pics of our life right now. Hunter lost his second tooth. Mack still loves the bath and continues the perma-bruised forehead. Hunter and I went to church together and left Dax home with sick Preslie and crazy Mack. We've been to our new ward twice and everyone is super nice. We walked to the park and Preslie was not feeling well that day either, so Hunter held her hand and encouraged her all the way home ("we're almost there").

The kids' rooms:

Here are some pics of our life right now. Hunter lost his second tooth. Mack still loves the bath and continues the perma-bruised forehead. Hunter and I went to church together and left Dax home with sick Preslie and crazy Mack. We've been to our new ward twice and everyone is super nice. We walked to the park and Preslie was not feeling well that day either, so Hunter held her hand and encouraged her all the way home ("we're almost there").
IF YOUR CHILD IS SICK, please, PLEASE, KEEP THEM HOME FROM SCHOOL. Preslie will pick up ANY illness that crosses her path and has the worst cough right now. I KNOW she got it from school. She is ALWAYS the first one sick in our family and gets TICKED when she has to stay home from school but I REFUSE to do what other irresponsible parents do and send their sick child to school. If they knew how much it affected my child and our family, they MIGHT think twice about sending their coughing, boogering kid to school.
JUST KEEP THEM HOME and STOP the spread of disease. Stop the insanity, and stop making ME and my family and my baby pay the price for your laziness or selfishness or whatever it is.
Thank you.

15 comments:
Hi!
I don't think I've ever commented..but I found your blog a long time ago...and linked it to mine! I always look...and think I've been looking at your adorable family and kids since your were pregnant with Mack. He is seriously one of the most darling babies ever. I also have a little boy!
I love your posts...your personality and your sweet and honest spirit. I hope you don't mind that I peek in occasionally. Also-my husbnad and I are starting this whole house-building thing and I am scared! I enjoy reading these posts and seeing that it's hard for others too!
congrats on the new home...we still have the whole journey ahead of us!
Congratulations! You have discovered the secret to home ownership, and that secret is thus: there is always work to do on a house. Looks like you're taking it one project at a time.
From looking at the basement photos, it seems you have 2X6 wall studs rather than 2X4 wall studs. You'll love how well it can add to your insulation quality (and how well it subtracts from your heating costs).
Hope Preslie gets well soon. Did she pick up what I had? It was yucky! I promise I won't send sick kids (or myself when I'm sick) to school.
Everything looks SO AWESOME! I'm so excited for you. And I totally hear you about sending kids to school sick! NO WAY. That is one of the most irresponsible things a parent can do.
Love, love, love the house. It is so you:) I am so jealous of your kitchen, it's like a dream! And you know what, get on that soapbox. It needs to be preached over the pulpit too. I can't believe how many people bring their kids to church sick. You know people, the Lord will forgive you if you miss a week because you're kid is sick! I'm so with you!!!!!
I am so on that soapbox with you! I HATE it when kids are sent to school - and church - sick! A couple of my kids - especially Daniel always pick up every passing bug and it always seems to hit them the hardest! I really hate it when someone says, "yeah, my kids are sick, but my calling ..." GROWL!
I LOVE the light fixture in your closet. Too cool! In fact, I love watching your house progress. Thanks for sharing all the pictures! Your range makes me drool! I also love your bar lighting in the kitchen.
Did you paint your doors to match your walls?
I so wish that I lived near you, I would buy your 50's dinette in a heartbeat. I totally love it! I mean, really a LOT love it! Sigh. I wonder how much it would be to ship...
Matthew has a permabruise forehead too - and he is five. I'm just telling you that because I delayed family pics a few times, waiting to not look like a car wreck, and it was futile.
Hunter sounds like the sweetest little boy alive. What an excellent son and brother you are raising!
Hope Preslie feels better soon!
my favorite thing about the house is the light fixtures. they are so you-- simple, bright, different. Congrats on getting in and posting pictures even though everything isn't exactly how you want it to look.
If I could give any advice, it would be to take a break. Don't run around stressing about hanging curtains in every room. You probably need lots of recovery after the long process of getting in. I think I felt too anxious to get it all done.. and there IS time.
oh, and about the sick kids. Mine don't go to school, but my NURSERY aged child is always, always sick. your soapbox lecture needs to be extended to church goers.
I hear ya girl! Addison has had strep like 3 times in the last 7 months because people just won't keep their kids home from school. I get so annoyed!! Your house is so pretty and I am so happy you are finally in it!
Ummm....I think we're in trouble at our house. Jack is sick nearly 50% of the winter.....when he starts kindergarten this fall, I guess he's going to miss A LOT of school. Oh, and love the house! Keep posting pictures, I love seeing every detail!
I have to say that your tile backsplash in the master bathroom is fabulous!
Sorry to hear Preslie is sick. Between strict school attendance policies, and parents who work and use school as babysitter, sick kids make it to school. It's sad.
Ask your school about their head lice policy sometime- I just read this.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29261874/
The thing is, kids have already been contagious for a while when the symptoms show up - so most of us don't know before it's too late. I've also got the doctor always promising me that Zeke is not contagious at various stages and instructing me to take him along.
Do you think that any of the people that you are trying to reach read your blog? Just a question!
Your house is awesome! Enjoy doing all those little projects that make it a home.
Did you know that your dinette set is probably worth money? You should check on line you could probably get some money by selling it!
I had a TEACHER tell me that unless my child was throwing up or had a fever they should be in school. I guess she doesn't have to deal with a sick baby in the middle of the night.
LOVE your paint colors. how fun and totally you! i'm loving that light fixture too. great job.
Speaking of sending sick kids into public when they are sick, you really should read my "Demonstratively Sick" post. You can call it pay back on one of those silly moms who didn't keep her child at home.
Post a Comment