Worst smell: Beer & TV dinners (in the dumpster)
YES! We got carpet today. I was so nervously excited all day. Then we went up to see it and OH. Beautious.




We got excited. So excited that Preslie took off her shoes and socks so she could walk on the carpet bare-footed. She then made history by putting her things away in her new closet. I quickly documented the occasion for it may never happen again.
In other news, I dug through our dumpster while many of our neighbors watched in wonder (disgust). The weird thing is we NEVER see our neighbors hanging out outside, but the one time I have to dig through their garbage to find some pieces of tile we needed, there they are! Awesome.
Yesterday, I had the kids make Valentines for their class because as crazy as this week is, I predict next week to be pure insanity so better to get it done early. Plus, all Valentines making supplies will be packed up by Valentine's Day.
They had a good time.

Preslie's classmate Galven is going to get a rude awakening in his Valentine's mailbox on Friday. I love my daughter.
16 comments:
OH....MY.....GOSH!! Let me catch my breath! And you thought my son was funny! This is priceless. You can never throw these valentines way..take a picture of it! I love this so much. Your daughter is sooooooooo amazing! BTW..I love, love, love, your railing by your door and also the hanging light. VERY you!
Tristie - You are so darling. Yea for your carpet! Hmmm - I wonder what Galvin's mother will think? Ha Ha xoxoxo Tisha
LOL! Watch out Galvin!
Can't wait to see a guided tour of the house when all completed. Good on you for having them make the valentines!!
You are simply amazing. In the middle of the craziness of building a house, packing to move, and apparently having dumpster adventures (which I'm impressed you admitted) you have your children MAKE their Valentines. Of course you did:) I'm dying laughing at how priceless those Valentines are that Pres made. If I were Galven, I'd be very scared:)
Hilarious! I love love LOVE Preslie's Valentines - both to Trent and the the unsuspecting Galven.
You are such a domestic goddess to have your kids MAKE their Valentines. I feel good if I actually make (let) the kids label them themselves.
Hunter's expression also cracks me up. I LOVE the blue in the boy's room. What is it called?
AND last of all - yea! for carpet! How very very wonderful!
Tifani- the blue in my boy's room is called Waterscape and it's from Sherwin Williams.
To the rest of you-
I am NOT that great for having them make Valentines. I honestly needed a break from everything else. And they LOVE to make them. They would have had my stuff out anyway. Plus it beats paying for cards with Hannah Montana's face on them.
Yipee! Carpet.....
Love the card Preslie!
NOOOOO! Getting carpet just means your that much closer to leaving 5th ward. I won't let you go!!!! Those valentines are priceless, poor Galvin.
Carpet! Paint! Lighting! Oh, the things I love most! From the pictures you have posted it looks like you have modern design preferences. Awesome.
By the way, how much do your kids charge to make valentines? May I outsource them to make valentines for my family? J/K
That spunky of a kid could only come from you, my dear.
I just noticed the fingers pointing down on the valentine! Awesome!
She is a crack up!
I bet your bad smell wasn't as bad as my bad smell. Hunter thought it would be a great "Service" to pick up the Pittman's trash that had fallen over. I don't think he will ever do that again, He had to pick up the dirty diapers. Pretty "STINKING" funny.
Dave and I laughed for a solid 5 minutes at that Valentine. She is something else!
Is Trent a little Indian Boy?
Post a Comment