7/21/08

our visit to THE CITY

So far, I have kept my New Year's intention of visiting my parents once a month. It has been a worthwhile, fun, and doable goal. I do believe this was the most fun visit to date in 2008.

My kids LOVE to go to Grandma and Grandpa's house. Unfortunately, Grandpa was at scout camp so we just had Grandma all to ourselves the whole time. We had a great time running around the tables in the great room, dreaming up and drawing house plans, visiting Aunt Sharon, and just playing with Grandma.

We took a quick evening trip to see Bro and Abbey and they treated us to swimming at their FUN rec center. I wish Dax could have been there with us! Hunter loved steering the pirate ship and has since changed what he wants to be when he grows up from chef to pirate. He also asks twice a day when we are going back there. So so fun seeing Dax's Bro and his wife. We miss them dearly and will always cherish the time in Logan we had living just blocks away from each other.

We met 2 of my hometown girlfriends at The Gateway in Salt Lake City for some fun in the fountains. I LOVE THE CITY! So much to do. And so many people to do them with. It was great catching up a bit with my babes, between coaxing our boys to go get in the water, shoving snacks and drinks in our children, and trying to talk over the crowds and the water show music. I loved it! What a sight to see Preslie, Raegann, and Addison playing hand in hand and laying out on their beach towels. It took me back to when us mommies were doing the very same thing. After fun in the fountains, Old Navy was conveniently on the way to the car, so I stopped and made it out of the store with 8 shirts, 2 pants, 1 shorts, 2 leggings, and 1 cardigan for $50 bucks! Bargain shopping at its finest, my friends. I didn't fare quite so well at Target--sometimes paying full price is necessary--but I did get Preslie's swimsuit for 5 bucks.

So we bid farewell to the city. See you next month!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

As always it was so good to see you and the kids. I love them. Email me the pics of the fountains, they turned out so cute. I am proud of you for the bargain shopping that you accomplished. Shopping is my favorite past time! Call me again soon!

RaeLynn said...

I have to tell you--I love this resolution. Heck, I'm only a half hour from my parents but it seems like forever if there is traffic. Great pictures and I agree--the Gateway is a great place to hang out :) I am still in awe over your Old Navy finds! Are they doing a huge sale right now?

Sant Family said...

You have actually inspired me to be excited about our upcoming trip to SLC. Instead of just dreading the 24 hours in the car (round trip) I will think of all the fun stuff to do and the people we will see!

K said...

So much fun. It's been so hot that anything that involves water is a must right now! We love the Gateway fountains. I was just thinking we really needed to make it there this summer. You've inspired me to step it up a notch and see if I can get us there. Also, you have to tell me the secret to writing on the photos. I have used the collages on every post since you shared your secret, so you must share that one too:)

Kati said...

I love the cute picture of Preslie with her two friends! The yellow polka dot swimsuit and toothless grin are adorable! What a fun getaway, who knew SLC had so many great places to go! Catching up with girlfriends is so fun, hearing about it makes me miss my high school girlfriends!

Kelly Nordfelt said...

Next time you come to West Jordan and don't call me, I am going to sell your Bosch on Craigslist. :)

Kimberly said...

Way to go bargain shopper.That's the Trisie I know and love. I'm glad you had such a fun trip. I love the collages too.

janet said...

what a fun, quick trip. It's so nice to see family and old friends.. and it's always nice to go back home-- no matter where that is! Your kiddos couldn't be cuter!

Anonymous said...

Hey Trista!! How are you, it looks like you and your beautiful family are doing great! Congrats on the new baby!

Anonymous said...

can't believe that I just called you trista... it has been that long!!!

Jaedon Flora said...

I never hit bargains like that! I loved the "post card" pictures. You are just so creative and fun. I wished we lived close by so we could be real buddies, not just long distance relatives. Hee Hee