
Dax and I had a fun week minus our 2 big kids although we missed them! It was weird to not have them around. Mostly it was super quiet. And clean. I always wondered why things get so messy so quick around here, and now I know. Dax and I bonded with each other and with the baby. I thought Mack would notice the kids gone right away, but I think he basked in all the extra attention and no mauling whatsoever. Dax and I lived it up by going out without having to get a babysitter, buying tons of treats and not having to share (which didn't turn out quite as good as I thought, because I just made myself sick), and we made a delicious enchilada meal which our kids HATE and we relished every delicious bite and the no complaining. We went on walks together, cleaned together, and talked about lucrative persuits. During the day when Dax worked I got a touch bored with just Mack-not that there wasn't anything to do, but just that my main entertainment was missing. When he went down for a nap, however, man that was FUN to do whatever I wanted! We sure missed our kiddos, though. I had butterflies in my stomach the day they came home. Thank you to Grandma and Grandpa for taking them! We all had a wonderful time!

5 comments:
Isn't it funny how easy life is with just one little baby to take care of? Why did it ROCK my world so bad when the first was born?!?
It sounds like everyone had fun. It is always nice to have some time to yourself. Of course you miss your kids, but it's still nice to have a break every so often. I'm giggling about the house clean up. Right there that freed up hours of time I'm sure. Sometimes I wonder where my time goes and then I realize, doing the same things over and over in one day, like dishes etc. I also loved that you ate a dinner they don't like. I do the same thing, although it's not nearly as fun for me to eat alone so I'm glad you had someone to share it with!
How fun for you all! I just adore Dax's parent's for taking your kids and spoiling them so! That is so cool!
One child sure does seem boring and easy after you are used to more! My 15 year old son is at scout camp for three days and I am predicting a very clean bathroom and house! Although, to my surprise, when my two girls were at Girls Camp, the house was also clean and the bathrooms spotless (and my brush and blow dryer didn't walk off once - and yes - they have their own mine just disappears when they are here).
Still, I missed them and was so glad when they came home! Weird juxtaposition of feelings.
You guys are fun! I wish we were there to hang out with you!
Fun...you guys deserve a bit of a break and I'm sure the kids just loved being with Grandma and Grandpa. What fun!!
Post a Comment