Why we thought camping with a crawler was a good idea-I don't know. But we did have fun and saw beautiful things sprinkled in between me fighting a baby to stay off the ground and out of the cow pies and Dax having to set up, cook, and clean up on his own because I was keeping the baby at bay.
We do love to camp and love the mountains. Our poor 25-year-old tent trailer is falling apart but beats tent camping for sure.
The scenery and wildlife on this trip almost made it worth it.
That and the s'mores were the best part of the trip. Oh, and when we got back to our campsite after a drive and there was a giant red cow licking our stove and the pans we used to cook breakfast. That was pretty exciting (disgusting). But even better was when Dax chased the cows out of our camp. Thinking back now, that made it worth it.


11 comments:
It's always so much fun to go camping. It's been years since I went with a baby though. I do remember it was a challenge to keep him in the tent though. You got to see some amazing wildlife for a camping trip, so I think that was worth it, I mean think of the scrapbook layout!!! Plus, smores anytime is worth whatever it takes to get them!
Looks like such a good time!! I miss camping out with you guys...
Wowzers, you hiked up into snow in July! The animal photos were great, especially that buck with the velvet antlers. Yes, you're making wonderful memories. You'll look back and be soooooooo glad you went, even if it was a workout to keep Little Mack out of the cow pies. The smores looked great, as well as the campfire and all the wild flowers. Love your posts.
Oh man... I HATE camping with a crawler! We went last week but because the ground was so bumpy Raigynn spent the majority of it on her bum! Good luck with the laundry :)
What fun! You guys have the best little family ever! I'm sure the kids were in heaven...especially Mack, crawling in dirt, wearing dirt, eating dirt...what better for a little man!! Looks like a great time!
I camped when Avaree was a crawler. It was tough. Looks like fun though. Good memories for the kids and I can't believe all those animals. Good pics.
Good times. My family should go before BM gets bigger and starts crawling!
You are so brave! I'm glad you made some fun memories. You won't even remember how hard it was to keep everyone clean! Love you.
It is SO hard to camp with crawlers!! BUT it looks like you guys had a great time and your pictures are fabulous! I am sure I am not the only one who would like to have seen video of Dax chasing the cow out of your campsite.
I love smores. Have you ever made them with those Keebler fudge striped cookies instead of graham crackers and chocolate bar? Delicious!
Tristie, Mack is getting so big! I cannot believe it. He looks bigger just since I saw him. You guys are doing lots of fun things this summer, I am jealous! Hey, if you get up to city again, call me because you and the kids could come and swim...Addison and Andrew would love nothing more than to see the kids.
It was so good to hear from you, it has been a really long time! Your family is so cute. I can't believe you have 3 kids! I can hardly handle one. It looks like our husbands have similar interests. Anything that is outdoors or has 4 legs is exciting and fun. I hope all is well.
Post a Comment