
Dax took Mack and I to work with him, and it was my kind of work. Driving around seeing gorgeous mountains, valleys, and beautiful wildflowers and not having to pay for any of the gas. We saw a fun antelope buck before we stopped for a quick picnic lunch. That evening, we enjoyed a barbeque with some friends in the ward, volleyball, and some fireworks in the street. Upon coming home, the city fireworks could be viewed perfectly from the porch right outside our front door.
I consider myself patriotic, but this 4th of July was less exciting for me than in past years. I have felt discouraged about the political issues going on and the big companies in our country motivated by money and power. But as I was conducting the hymns in our sacrament meeting on Sunday, I looked out over the congregation of people standing, singing our National Anthem, and I felt the spirit of what it truly is to be an American. It is people like these that are hard-working, honest people who love their families and truly do put their trust in God and are free to worship Him however they choose. These are the values our country was founded upon, and I have to believe that most of the people in our nation are doing the best they can. And I am so happy and proud and grateful to be apart of that.
9 comments:
Beautiful country. I would love to get out in that.
It took the Sacrament Meeting hymns to spark my patriotic feeling this year too.
What a view!
I was feeling the same way about our country/politic until I heard the MoTab and their patriotic performance... then I felt so grateful to an American. We DO have so many blessings and rights. I always love reading your thoughts!
You have such a way with words my friend! I love reading your blog! Mine is all about the disgusting messes my children get themselves in; it is nice to read something not about blood! Just kidding!
I couldn't agree more Tristie. There is so much to be disgusted with in America (let's face--there are some really scary things going on)...but at the end of the day, we have to hang on to that shred of hope that most people are like us: happy to be free and living an honest life.
Another post that I love and feel inspired by!
Thanks for the insight - you are so right.
Love, Tif
So fun to go to work with Dax. It's a good thing he has such a fun job so you can go to work with him. I used to go on trips with my Dad for work. I know all the fish hatcheries in Idaho really well. They are some of my most favorite memories of my Dad and I. You've just got to love being out in the gorgeous world in the summertime.
You and your family are beautiful. Tristie your testimony really touched me in relief society, you are an inspiration to many, and you truly touch everyone around you. I'm so glad you are here in Roosevelt even if you wonder why you are truly here, I'm glad to have made a friend.
I haven't been on your blog FOREVER! We all laughed and laughed at Preslie singing and Hunter dancing. You are so amazing. I love you tons and tons!
Hey girl,
I hope you dont mind me dropping into your blog. I noticed your name on Jayce's blog and thought I would check it out. Of course it is as cute and adorable as I thought it would be. I hope you have fun camping. I cant believe you are ditching our totally exciting yard sale tomorrow:) ha Take care.
Kristy
Post a Comment