It is amazing how many cute things kids say. But no matter how cute or funny, I always forget a few days (or hours) later! To solve this, I've been keeping a "funny moments" journal for over a year now. Everytime something funny or cute happens, I go write it in there. I totally recommend this to every parent. It has provided great entertainment as we look back and read it together! Here are a couple favorites...
I sent Preslie and Hunter into the bathroom to go potty before we went on a walk.
Preslie: "Hunter, can I please go first?"
Hunter: "Let's do it together. You stand right here (pointing to a spot next to himself in front of the toilet bowl)."
Preslie: "I can't! I have to sit down!"
Hunter: "Why?"
H: "Pres, did you know there's a prophet named President Hunter?"
P: "Yeah, you're lucky. There's none named President Preslie."
Preslie: "Dad, was mom your girlfriend?"
Dax: "Yes, before we got married, mom was my girlfriend."
Hunter: "Did you have any kids?"
Dax: "No, I didn't have any kids when mom was my girlfriend."
Hunter: "Daddy, when you didn't have any kids, were you happy?"
We were all driving home from St. George and we started smelling something terrible from outside.
Hunter: "What's that smell?"
Dax: "A dead animal-rotting flesh."
Preslie: "To me, it smells like pancakes."
Hunter: "Grandpa is kinda old."
Preslie: "Yeah, he's old because someone put him in the fridge and they didn't eat him for a week. That's how he got old."
Hunter: "Mom, what's a Suburban?"
Me: "It's the kind of truck Aunt Tisha and Uncle Jason have. That kind of truck is called a Suburban."
Hunter: "No- it's when you put your head in the toilet. That's a Suburban."
9 comments:
Oh my gosh Tristie. These are HILARIOUS. I'm totally going to do this. Thanks for the idea.
Hey Tristie, this is Jill Bowcutt (Springer. I found your blog from Val's and I am laughing my head off! I'm for sure going to keep a funny moment journal. I can't seem to keep track of them as they happen either. And it's obviously worth it to look back and read them later. Good luck on your upcoming baby! I love your blog!
How funny! You are in such a fun stage of life with these two! I was dying over that picture of Preslie on the side with her crown...so cute!
Oh-- Love the comments. I think dead rotting animals smell like pancakes too! Keeping a journal of it is the ONLY way to remember... especially when they say hilarious things everyday. too funny.
So, have you had your baby yet? I am so not going to win that candy bar.
ooops, problems with my last comment. I keep checking this everyday to see if you've had your baby yet. I hope your man will post the news while you're recovering. I love how honest and innocent kids are!
I've always known you were full of good ideas. You read from your journal once at Enrichment about Preslie promising never throw you down the garbage shoot. I've keep a journal ever since. Thanks for being you. I have stopped by often since I found your blog a last week. You are an inspiring Mom! Thanks!
Post a Comment