6/1/07

Tough Woman




I have been noticing all the really amazing and tough women I know, lately. My mom, who day after day and minute after minute is struggling with two painful and physically limiting diseases, and yet still is the strength of our family. My mother-in-law who had ankle surgery 3 weeks ago, and who has to stay off of it for 6 weeks and is such a go-getter, she crawls around the house getting what she wants and even mopped her kitchen floor from a wheel chair. My sister who, after having a daughter almost 14 years ago, and thought she was done, will give birth to her second baby girl in a few weeks. And another sister, who is pictured here with her six children (ages 12, 7, 5, 3, and twin 8 month olds) ran her household, homeschooled her 7 year old, got up several times each night with her twins and ran back and forth between them during the day, not to mention bathing and taking all her kids to church. All this while her husband was in Europe for his work for ONE MONTH. What a total champ! I am just amazed at what women can accomplish. I know we are truly blessed to have each other and the neat strengths that Heavenly Father has given to each of us. I think the elementary school saying is so true...Girls RULE! ...(Boys drool!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You left yourself off that list of amazing women. I can't believe you put up with that husband of yours! He is absolutely crazy and very difficult to get along with.

(I love you honey)