6/28/07

entering the 3rd Trimester


I am twenty-six weeks and 4 days along. I am about to enter my 3rd trimester. I've gained almost 25 whopping pounds already. My insatiable appetite has slowed down a lot lately, and I am grateful for that. Could partly be due to the heat, my decreased internal space, and also getting over the icky part of pregnancy that drove me to keep my stomach full at all times. I have only had one mini "I am sick of being pregnant" breakdown so far. It was on Sunday when I put on the dress I'd planned to wear all week, and then soon after noticed there was something like an oil spot on the belly part of the dress--which is happening more and more, the bigger I get and the more things my belly brushes against. But... I feel GREAT. I love the 5th and 6th month of pregnancy. I love feeling the baby move, trying to get other people to feel it (not with much success), not being morning sick anymore, looking "pregnant" not fat, having more energy, still being able to bend over and roll over in bed (getting harder), knowing what the baby is, getting "cute pregnant" compliments in the grocery store and at church, and appreciating the fact that the baby is so much easier to take care of right now than he will be in 3 months. I realize my body has changed dramatically already. Yesterday, my son told me, "You have a giant bum!" and I know that is true, comparing my body now to the one 6 months ago when I was in the best shape and lowest weight since high school. And I know in a couple months, I will be barge. So yes, there are things I am trying to embrace, knowing that many are temporary and hoping that others will also go away after the baby comes-like the giant bum. The sacrifices are sometimes great, but are always well worth it.

2 comments:

janet said...

You look SO darling, Tristie! During my third pregnancy, my #2 told me... "You're tummy is really fat, and almost your whole body is, but your legs are not." Like that was supposed to make it all okay. Pregnancy is such a miracle! Good luck to you and the last few months!

annek said...

What a great post!! Your picture is beautiful! I'm glad things are going so well for you; you definitely are super cute pregnant!!