
Little Babe saw her dream plastic swimming pool at Wal*Mart a few weeks back. It's the biggest one they sell, with the molded in slide. I usually buy the lower model (the big one without the slide) every year for the kids. She just could not stop talking about the pool with the slide and asked if we could get that one instead. Since it was more than double the price, I told her she'd have to earn part of the money if she wanted that pool. Well, since she's never had more than a few dollars at a time and there just aren't that many jobs a preschooler can do, she realized she have to go a different route. "I could have a lemonade stand," she said. And it wasn't until we went to the store Friday and saw that there were only 3 pools left that her idea became a reality. The lemonade stand was held Saturday and was such a success- she earned 25 bucks! ...plenty to pay for her part of the pool! We took down the stand and ran to Wal*Mart...and to our good fortune, there was one pool left. We frantically ran in, dodged all the mad Saturday afternoon crowds, stood in line, payed, and took home our prize. 

This pool ended up being so much more fun than I imagined...Before this, I thought the little slide was hardly worth the extra 15 dollars...but when I saw how much fun the kids had going down it time after time, I was glad I helped Little Babe realize her goal. The Hus got home from work just as we were breaking it in, and was so hot and tired from working outside all day, he didn't hesitate to jump in to cool off!
What a fun, crazy day!
5 comments:
Preslie and Tristie, you are the best. I am so proud of your lemonade stand. The pool looks like tons-of-fun. Grandpa Craig P.S. I'm not wearing L.U.
How FUN! I wish I could have come to her lemonade stand!!! Too bad I live far away now:( She is the cutest thing ever!
I was so thrilled to see pictures of the pool! The lemonade stand was a total success! The lemonade and cookies were divine. It was fun to visit with you too!
Such a great idea! I should have had Katelin do that to get our pool...next year!
I hope that one day I can be the mom that you are!! What a fun and inventive, yet wise woman you are. Thanks for your example. I miss you!
Post a Comment