5/21/07

My mom warned me about this...


This post is inspired by a post on my friend Chelsea's blog. She posted a picture of her twin girls when they were newborns, and then a current picture of them (they are like 10 months old now). It made me think that my babies (yes, I sometimes still call them that) are not really babies anymore. It is just like my mom told me...every baby you have will grow up faster than the last...I really took that to heart when H was born and tried to relish every moment that I could with him. And now look at him--she was right. And number 3 will be along this fall, and I know I will be sitting at his high school graduation thinking, wasn't I rocking him to sleep just a few months ago?

I am not the type of mom to cry when I pack up a box of my kids' clothes that are too small, or if I see a photo of my kids when they were babies, because I love seeing them grow and learn and discover and experience life!

So here is a new resolve to enjoy and live in each moment-for it will soon be gone!

5 comments:

val said...

I'm not sure why I got so emotional about your cute picture and post but this is already ringing true for me with my sweet 6 month old. I cannot believe how fast the time has gone. They are only little for such a short amount of time. The trick is to enjoy each and everyday. Great post Trist.

Ashley said...

I love that he has the exact same look on his face!

Chelsea said...

that is so cute, and guess what I AM the kind of mom that cries:) I don't want my babies to grow up...I love little tiny ones! But it is so fun to watch them learn new things and get big too! I loved this post:)

Chantel said...

Hey! I found your blog through Ashley's!! Oh yeah, this is Chantel Labrum :) Congratulations on #3!! Are you still in Logan? Here is the link to my blog

http://wifetoado.blogspot.com/
Talk soon!

annek said...

Man are those pictures great or what?!! Me and Rusty hae been talking about this same thing lately. Before you know it they'll be going on missions, getting married, and starting their own memories. Thanks for the reminder!!