5/9/07

Dax's Turkey Hunt



Dax writes:

"I had a great time hunting Rio Grande Turkeys in Southern Utah over the last few days. It was a tougher hunt than I thought it would be, but my friend Ryan and I finally got the job done. We got really close to the tree this gobbler was roosting in while it was still dark and Ryan made a few hen clucks right at first light and got him to fly down into range of the 12 gauge 3.5" magnum. He was a nice mature tom with a pretty tail fan, and an 8" beard. He must have been a fighter though, because both of his spurs had recently been broken off. It was a great hunt! I feel lucky to have the opportunity to hunt on public lands with a good friend, all while leaving my poor wife at home barefoot and pregnant watching two kids with no vehicle (I love you honey). Life is great! Now if I could just finish my thesis...."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck on that thesis. Get 'er DONE!

Beaner said...

Dax, these photos should be published in a wildlife magazine. So incredible. Can't wait to stroke the beard. Yes, get that thesis finished up and we'll all rest easier. Love, Mom