7/5/09

I love America!



parade highlights
  • the airplanes that flew overhead to start it off
  • the color guard at the beginning led by a soldier carrying our nation's flag (I choked up!)
  • Mack saying "whoa!" at everything with wheels, even before the parade started.
  • the teeniest, tiniest horse I've ever seen. As small as a Labrador. Seriously CUTE.
  • and of course, CANDY. The reason we went.

And the evening festivities were also fun for all...



the food was AWESOME! we ate next door and a few neighbors contributed things for the meal.

the dads got carried away with the fireworks and eventually the kids stopped watching. Dax got out some "agricultural use only" M-80s and blew up stuff with the guys. The most impressive being a piece of cake that completely vaporized. Not a crumb bigger than a pencil point was found.

I love this holiday. I love how communities come together and do fun things...rodeos, parades, barbecues, athletic competitions, concerts, and fireworks. All to celebrate our great nation and the blessing it is to live here. I fought back the tears at the parade as people on both sides of the street stood and placed their hand over their heart as a soldier marched down the street carrying the American flag. And today in Church, I lost it as our congregation stood and sang "The Star-Spangled Banner" all together. It made me think of all the good people out there in our cities and across the nation that are united and are working hard and raising families. I believe we are a Christian Nation, one that believes in the core values upon which our constitution was based. I believe that all wacko things the media puts out there represents the minority of the things that go on in our country and world. I am grateful for a country where I can feel safe and enjoy hobbies and express opinions and have children.
God Bless America!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

God bless the USA. Proud to be an American and proud to be a Christian! Love all the photos. Thanks.

Yes, it's 3:00 AM. I can't sleep. Too many fireworks yesterday.

K said...

Looks like you guys had such a fun holiday. Oh my candy! That is a lot for one parade:) Love, love, the tank wars, and how manly to see who can blow up the most stuff. Good times. I cried yesterday during the Star Spangled Banner too. Love all the patriotic outfits.

RaeLynn said...

Great post. I agree 100%

haha, the first time I typed that, I typed "10%" that would have been funny...

Sant Family said...

I love your post! I have some people in my house who would love to get their hands on some agriculture use explosives!

I love the enthusiasm in your posts! You always make me want to smile.

karlin said...

you guys look so cute and festive. i can't believe how BIG your baby is! love those blonde locks!

Jessie said...

Hi Tristie! It has been YEARS since I have seen you last, but it has been so much fun to get a look at your family and life. I got your blog address off Facebook. Your kids are adorable. I can't get over how pretty your daughter is, and how much she looks like you! It looks like you and Dax are doing really well, and have a great life going! I have a blog that you are welcome to check out at www.serenitylane.blogspot.com. I hope all is well, and I'll have to check in to see your updates!

Jessica

janet said...

that sounds like my kind of holiday. Love the festive outfits. Maybe this time next year we will "pass through" just for the parade. Your kids scored on candy! The rodeo pics are awesome too.