Here are some highlights from our week...
school's out! LOVing it. I love the more relaxed mornings. I have instigated some summer jobs for the kids. I made them job pockets with little cards in them. Once they complete each job, they move the job card from the "DO" pocket to the "DONE" pocket. It has been a hit and they've done their jobs happily all week.
We put up our swingset my brother gave us. We all love it.
We are still doing plenty of reading and have joined a few summer reading programs.
My 10-year high school reunion is in 2 weeks! I am helping call people and spread the word.
We travelled to Salt Lake to see my parents and some brothers. My mom has started a new tradition of celebrating Preslie's birthday in June at her half bday. Christmas Eve is a BOMB birthday, but it gets so busy that my Mom thought it a good idea to spread the joy out a bit. I think it is super neat and it makes Grandma and Grandpa's gift more special because it's not lost in all the chaos and excitement of Christmas. Genius, Mom!
We saw Dax's family this trip, too. Dax's parents were in town for some doc appointments and so we couldn't pass up a chance to hang out together. Grandma Nola's house makes the perfect
hotel. Dax's parents watched the kids so the adult kids could go to lunch together. We loved tasting the city vibes and also the philly cheese steak sandwich at Moochies (yum!). We went and saw Dax's bro's work place. He is a graphic designer and works on the 7th floor of a beautiful building downtown. I find it interesting how opposite it is from Dax's work; he and his brother are so different in many ways, but get along so well.
Other highlights from our trip included
- chatting outside on the patio with family and watching Dax's Mom eat a rose petal. She doesn't back down from a challenge!
- we bought some gorgeous bar stools and can't wait to try them out!
- I sent my first text message ever. Yeah, that's right. I texted someone. I know I'm in the stone ages. But I don't even care. I don't have cable either!
- We cut our trip shorter than we wanted so I could get back for Cub Scout Day Camp. 176 cub scouts at the park doing archery, making ice cream in a bag, running an obstacle course, making crafts, learning safety and citizenship... turned out to be a fun day.
And today we attended church where I had a chance to bear my testimony of Christ and of gospel truths and reflect on how really blessed my family and I are. I am so grateful to live in our home in a wonderful safe neighborhood with good people all around. CELEBRATE...Mack stayed in nursery alone for the last 20 minutes and was able to be comforted by the sweet, loving, patient nursery workers. I love them! Then tonight, we had our friends Brian and Jaclyn and their kids over for a yummy pasta dinner.
The kids start swimming lessons tomorrow. Hunter has been fighting me about everything and told me he will NOT go to swimming lessons and if I take him, he won't get in the water. Dax had a talk with him and they said a prayer to ask Heavenly Father to help him not be nervous and a little transformer bribery went on, as well. So hopefully we are good to go for tomorrow.
Hope all my family and friends have a happy week!
3 comments:
Looks like your summer is off to a great start. I'm so jealous you get to be a bit more relaxed. I bet the bar stools are perfect. You'll have to keep us posted about the swimming lessons. K also starts those today. He loves them though, so that is a huge bonus. And congratulations on picking a system that your kids will actually do jobs. I remember those days:) Now, not even money motivates him. I am hoping that his "need" of an ipod will do the trick this summer. We'll see.
It looks like you guys are having fun! We hope to see you soon!
We are putting our blog private so I would love to invite you if you want. If you do want an invite send me your google email at spackmansrock@msn.com
Destiny
Nothing a little bribery wont fix! Love the update :)
Post a Comment