Turns out the fish weren't biting and the Sampsons forgot to bring the burgers. I'll talk about the huge thunderstorm a little later...
We had a FUN ride on the boat! It has been years since I was on a boat. My kids loved it. Mack kept throwing everything in sight into the water. Luckily we saved the important stuff.
So after Clint ran to get some burgers, we ate and the boys went out fishing on the boat. Tina is so much fun to talk to. I just love her. And our husbands have a LOT of similar interests too (hunting, fishing, food). And their kids are beautiful. I love finding friends like them. Everyone likes everyone. Well, all of a sudden a huge rain cloud moved in and it started to pour and blow like crazy. You should have seen the mad dash of two moms grabbing the paper plates, the kids and lawn chairs and shoving everything in the vehicles. We crammed us and the 5 kids into the front seat of Tina's truck and tried to carry on our conversation while the kids screamed and jumped and climbed all over us. We called the boys on their cell, but apparently when the storm hit, the fish started biting like crazy. But they "hurried" back to save their women and children and 40 minutes later they showed up. By then, the rain had passed and a beautiful (almost double) rainbow appeared! And so did millions of mosquitos that completely didn't care that we were bathed in bug repellent.

We honestly had a great time! Clint and Tina are the kind of friends that make anything fun.

5 comments:
Awesome friends, awesome boat experience, awesome rainbow, awesome photos.
Wow, those are some familiar faces from the past! I love when old friends come to visit. Speaking of which, if you ever are out taking a drive and find yourself in Michigan... :)
Love the rainbow picture!
Ha! Surprise rainstorms. Two days ago I was caught up Green Canyon in a skittle-sized hailstorm on my bike. Ooouuuch!!! My arms were covered with welts and I was completely soaked with mudwater when I got back to my car. Sorry, not trying to one-up you. It just reminded me of my recent adventure under the clouds. Cool rainbow pic.
That was quite a memorable trip!!! I'm just glad the mosquito bites finally stopped itching. Poor Trail had about 10 on his forhead alone. Poor kid!!! We had a lot of fun too! You are way too kind!!!! We need to hang out again soon! Sounds like your summer is starting out fun with swimming lessons! If only it felt like summer, huh?
Post a Comment