The rest of us have been reading, too. I started Fablehaven with the kids and Dax and I are reading New Moon-even though I told myself I wouldn't. Twilight was frustrating for me. I just don't think it is healthy (mentally) for a 17-year-old girl to go for a hundred-year-old+ vampire that could kill her if she tries to kiss him. What is the fun in having a man if you can't kiss him whenever you want? But, after rolling our eyes through the first half of the book, Dax and I are starting to really get into New Moon. All I gotta say though, is Jacob Black is HOT and I totally wish Bella would go for him. He's WAY cooler and more fun than lame-o Edward. I almost cried when Bella didn't hook up with him when she had the chance!
Hunter is just getting into Transformers. He has 2 and he bought them both with his own money. Bumblebee is his latest. It was his idea to take the pics.

I went with Hunter on his field trip to the fire station. He didn't want to wear the fireman's helmet so I did.
Really, there is tons more going on... just not a lot of photo documentation. Mostly because it is a lot of THINKING and you can't take a picture of that.
I'm thinking (and thinking, and thinking) about how to design our yard. thinking about how to design the inside of our house. thinking about how to be a better wife, and Mom. thinking about how I can stop myself from yelling swear words. just kidding.
Dax and I had our first den meeting today. pretty good. This month our theme is "leave only footprints". Who better to teach the boys about taking care of the outdoors than my husband!
OH, and I finished Mack's baby book on Shutterfly and it is adorable! HA! Who says 3rd children get neglected? He's only 19 months and he has a completed baby book! I love technology-always and forever... (what movie?)!

13 comments:
i've SO not been into blogging lately. shocker since i last updated in 1998-it seems. i'm not sure what it is...the weather may have something to do with it and i think i'm just not as hyped about it these days. and i'm 4+ months pregnant-maybe THAT has something to do with it. i'll be spreading that news blogwide soon. :)
i LOVE your baby book. what a great idea to do it that way. can i ask how many pages it is and how much it cost? i'm so overwhelemed with scrapbooking and need to find a good way to document special things like that.
i'd love to see you and your kids sometime this summer when you visit.
love ya trist.
ps-if i was a scout i would want no other but you and dax as my den leaders....PERFECT. SO PERFECT. you'll be the best at it.
I love your pacman header. Very cool.
Oh my gosh, that book turned out amazing!!! I absolutely love it. I did our family reunion on Shutterfly and I adored it. I don't know if I'll be able to give up the other way of scrapbooking, but digital is looking better all the time to me because I am so far behind. Kudos to you for getting it done. I'm seriously so impressed. You guys look like you're keeping busy and staying happy. Glad you posted:)
Now that I've read your post I've gotta add that I love the baby book too. You're so creative. It really looks great. Of course your third kid has a baby book cause you are the bomb mom!!
Tristie. I have too seen and felt the decline in blogging. I don't think anyone looks at my blog anymore, at least not many people comment. I rarely comment anymore either. I think people are realizing that there are other productive things to be doing. Except for me right now. I am NOT being productive and am commenting when I should be cleaning the house. So, adios!
PS Cute book! I love mypublisher.com They have sweet coupons.
blogging blah... I agree. I think the craze has slown down a lot which is kind of nice because I am more productive and the warm weather does help!
about twilight... I haven't even read all the books but I did read the first 3 and I felt the same way about New Moon too. Bella drives my crazy though.
LOVE your baby book! I'm so behind. None of my kids have books and it totally ways on me.
I think we were all hyped up about blogging when we hadn't heard/seen from each other in years. It's been so fun to reconnect and be in touch again. But it's not as exciting. It's definitely not on my priority list- although I do love it still.
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the book. My first two have excellent scrapbooks and my third has NADA. Love the first year idea.
What kid wouldn't want you for den leaders? seriously.
And if my husband would read Twilight with me, I might be interested. And I am only a Jacob fan. although I don't know enough to pick sides. Are you guys loving Fablehaven like we are? I get scared sometimes, but my boys eat it up.
and welcome to the Transformer craze. We are on our way out (until the next movie comes out, of course..) I much prefer star wars.
That movie would be Napoleon Dynamite-you are the cutest! I'm Webelos den leader, and I know you guys will be PERFECT.
Love you Tristertootles - I love reading your posts.
I am in love with your baby book. As I am in love with everything you create. Did you have to do the layouts yourself or did they have templates where you could throw in your own pics? I need to do Hayden's as well at some point...ugh...I've lost my scrapbooking mojo.
I love your thoughts on Twilight--I'm with ya. I know I'm no romantic and practical to a fault, but the first book kind-of drove me nuts as well.
I completely agree about blogging...for some reason it has become more of an obligation rather than a hobby that I enjoy. I'm not sure what the deal is...but here I am leaving a comment on your blog about how lame blogging is. HEH.
But it's not really lame, it's just time consuming and can suck you in. Stupid/Wonderful technology.
Love the book idea. I want to steal it. I can't believe the way Dax cooks for you. What a stud. Don't ever let him go.
Here, here for technology. I had to whip one up for my 3rd so she could look at her pictures when #4 arrives. Your book turned out adorable.
Post a Comment