Hunter has the best sense of smell... I got a kick out of him today.
Hunter: (picking up a dirty rag in the kitchen) "This rag smells like hamburgers."
Me: "Eww. Let's go throw it in the hamper."
Hunter: (following me) "Yeah, that rag smells like hamburgers. And I LOVE the smell of hamburgers."
Later today, I ran a note into Preslie at school. When I came back to the car...
Me: "Oh, my gosh! Preslie's school STUNK like rotten fish!"
Hunt: "What are you talking about...fish don't even stink." (he ALWAYS has to contradict, even in OBVIOUS situations... like the way rotten fish smell)
Me: "Fish do TOO stink, why are you disagreeing about that?"
Hunt: "Well, why did it smell like fish?"
Me: "I don't know, but it was SO stinky! Bleh!"
Hunt: "I wish I could smell it. I'm interested in that kind of smelly stuff. I'm interested."
3 comments:
love this. Isn't it amazing that their personality shines through over little comments like this? I bet he will always be into smells-- and it's so good to have these conversations recorded so you can look back and say, even at 5 you were... interested. What a funny little kid.
and the thought of your hamburger smelling rag made me almost lose my lunch. I hate smelly rags! Especially the kind that smell like meat!
Amazing. What a cool little grandson I have. I wonder what he thinks I smell like?????
HA! I enjoy identifying smells, too. I'm interested.
Hey, we got a dutch oven for our wedding and I want to make peach cobbler this weekend. I'm certain you guys have a way good recipe or way to make it. We are just beginners. If you have some time do you wanna e-mail me a recipe? Pretty please?
I can be reached at carrbuncle@gmail.com
Post a Comment