Saturday morning, we got up way too early and Mom and Aunt Sharon started doing what they do best: WORKING. My parents' truck was loaded with all my belongings that have piled up in their garage for the past 10 years. They thought it was a good time to bring them all to me since I have a house now...
They also brought me a tree for my yard and tons of flower starts and we got to work hauling dirt over with a wheel barrow. Our kind neighbor saw us 3 women doing this and came and offered his family's backhoe to which we gratefully accepted.
We had a good time and my Mom and Aunt Sharon both worked too hard but we made something pretty out of bare dirt and it warmed my heart! My Dad and Dax planted our new tree which I am so excited about. It is a flowering pear tree-the kind that turn bright orange in the fall and stay that way clear through November. I love it. And now it looks like someone actually lives here. It made me excited to start my yard which up until this point was so overwhelming. 


Thanks so much for coming and for bringing all the goodies! We love you all!
9 comments:
Oh that is soo cool that they came to visit you! I miss everyone!!
What nice additions to your darling home. Yards are overwhelming. The only way to do it is bit by bit. You'll make your self crazy if you try and do to much at one time!
you have such a cool family. how awesome to have such great helpers. your house and yard look lovely.
beautiful flowers! Wish I could come help!
Your front door is gorgeous, I love the whole look. I want to come see your house sometime, I promise I'll get excited too! :) But I may not be as much help in the yard... Wow, those are some hard workers.
I love everything! The flower plants are wonderful. The tree will be great. It's so much fun to watch how trees grow every year and realize you planted them. Your folks and Aunt Sharon are amazing. See you soon.
Wow,How did you get so lucky! I don't know anyone who gets professional landscapers who just show up with plants and come landscape your yard free of charge. You are obviously a pretty special person! Love you Tristie, Your yard looks great, so far. I can't wait to see your house also!
Looks great! Makes me jealous too! Glad you are doing good!
The house looks great! Good work Tristie and Dax! Tell Pres that Hannah says hello.
Post a Comment