This is what we post about, because this is what is heavily on our minds, takes up much of our time, and the majority of our money. Believe it or not, a house takes a lot of work to build. And THIS guy will be the first to tell you that.

Seriously SUCH a hard worker. And after a full day of hard labor, he comes home (to our apartment) and is the sweetest, most involved Grandpa I've ever seen. Then he showers in our ONE bathroom that he graciously shares with the 5 of us and gets ready for a great nights' sleep on the FLOOR on 2 camping foams. He always tells my kids that he is 100 years old. I think by the time the house is done, he really will feel like he's a hundred.
Dusk provides interesting lighting inside. It makes the colors seem really bright. The tile is taupe even though in the pic the walls are making it look greenish. I really like the tile; it reminds me of concrete floors.
WHAT a day. BUT, only the second mini-meltdown for me since we started this project. The first one was at the beginning of the construction process, and this one is near the end. So all in all, not bad. I took the kids up to the house and they played in the dirty, dusty, loud, and dangerous mess while I put up lighting trims and screwed in bulbs.
Preslie is excited to have her own yellow room. We'll see if she doesn't try to sneak back in with
Hunter like she did when we moved here. They've always been roomies, and as social as Preslie is, I wonder if she'll enjoy being by herself.
See what I mean about lighting affecting color? This pic was taken in the same room but a different time of day.
7 comments:
I really like your tile and the color of your walls...I think that the concrete look is very cool!
You're getting so close Tristie!!!
Craiger is a maniac!! Aren't we so lucky to have such wonderful in-laws?!
It looks like you guys are almost there! You guys have put a lot of work into the house, I bet you can hardly wait. Can't wait to see it all finished (in pictures, of course).
Tristie! I love these pictures, so fun to see things developing.
(PS I thought the old title of this post was hilarious, BTW)
Hang in there, girl!! You are almost there!!!!
Look slike it is coming along nicely. You guys are animals! Can't wait to come and visit the final project!!
love the tile.. and what a great grandpa your kids have! I am sure this is all an emotional process.. with so much help. My fave picture is of the kids on the floor. What good ones you have!
Post a Comment