1/2/09

painting in the new year



We spent New Year's Eve and Day painting! My MIL came out with Master C and she stayed with the kids all day for 2 days so I could go help! I love painting. Seeing the color on the walls woke up the place and helped me visualize living there and I am pumped. We still have touch-ups and the bathrooms to paint.
On the evening of New Year's Day, Dax and his Dad started installing cabinets and finished the kitchen cabinets today. It looks great! There are SO many and they're huge.


Every picture makes the paint look a different color.
Here, the pretty cabinets are all in.


Huge thanks to Craig who painted 2 colors in each room to make me happy. I did not realize how much more work it is but I love the end result! Also a shout out to his sweetheart (Dax's Mom) for taking care of the children so I could get my hands dirty. I loved being in the middle of the action! These two have sacrificed immeasurably to get this house built. And it's not over yet.


11 comments:

Clint, Brielle, Molly and Maggie said...

It looks awesome- How exciting, I cant wait till we get in a new house someday! I love the cabinets they are very beautiful I love the color of the wood.

Melanie said...

I love seeing these pictures, is't so fun to see it all coming together. Are your walls green? LOVE the cabinets!

Anonymous said...

Its so exciting and so beautiful! I am so happy for you!!

Tiffany said...

It looks AWESOME!! I am sop stoked for you guys!!

Tina said...

It looks awesome! I bet you are so excited to move in! We can't wait to come see all of your HARD work!

Jaedon Flora said...

Tristie - I am so excited. It looks amazing.

Ashley said...

Color! Woo hoo. I love you and your magic paint brush. I was reading fast and thought you said your mom came out with her Master Card. I'm sure Master C is great, but I bet a mom and a credit card could be even nicer :)

K said...

It is looking great. I envy your cabinet space! So fun.

HeRoosSheRoos said...

It's looking awesome! You like to paint??? I feel like I'm being punished when I have to paint-it's pure torture for me. We can't wait to see it in person.

karlin said...

fresh paint is the best! We've only lived in our house for a year and a half and we already need to do some major touch up. life with kids.

Sant Family said...

Your house looks great! I love the photoshopped picture of you with a paintbrush! Do tell what colors you used where. I love love love to paint, too!