6/29/15

heart coaster

What a week. I took Preslie in Monday morning to get her tonsils and adenoids removed. Dax was on a work trip so I left Hunter to care for the littles. Preslie was super nervous. When the nurse took her blood pressure, it showed.
 The freaking out was real!
 When she came out of surgery, she kept going, "Whoa!" "I don't remember anything!" "Are they really out?" "Whoa." "That wasn't even that bad!" (Later that evening, it WAS that bad) While we were at the hospital, my girlfriend Jolona took Mack to audition for Missoula Children's Theater. He's wanted to be in a play so badly so he went for it!

Preslie and I arrived home from the hospital and found out Mack got a part! He was to be a pumpkin in the play. Yay!
The next moment I found out that our dear friends tragically lost their 12-year-old son the night before. My heart has been so heavy. This spunky boy was my cub scout and his Mom was my den leader assistant as well as a good friend since I moved to Roosevelt. My heart is broken. Friday I went to the viewing. Upon entering the church, I felt sick knowing that my friend was going through this. I saw her and we just hugged and cried. There is nothing to say to parents who have lost a child. You simply hug and cry. I pray every day that they will unite together as a family and that they will be strengthened in their trials. It is amazing what happens when hard times come and you turn to the Lord. I've felt peace and guidance in the most crazy of life's trials. Though I've lost a few people that are close to me, this boy's death hit me pretty hard. I do have a testimony of eternal families and of the healing power of Christ's atonement.


 During the week, Preslie had friends come visit and bring popsicles and balloons. And a giant bear.

Although it's always crappy to get your tonsils out, I dare say (in this case) that doing it with an older child is slightly better because it's easier to get them to drink plus they're bigger and stronger. It's sad to see your kids in pain, but especially the little ones. Also reasoning with a 4-year-old with a sore throat is impossible.

My boys surprisingly have played really cute together this week. They generally don't hang out that much but I've loved seeing them have lightsaber battles and play Legos.
General Grievous

 Here are my tonsil twins with their matching hospital mugs. Good to have all the tonsil surgeries over with! Deductible was met, people. Mack is the only one with tonsils left in our family. That kid can never follow the norm! Good for him.

My father-in-law came up to play with my other kids while I took care of my baby teenager. Mack had play practice all week and performed in the play Cinderella twice on Saturday. He was totally darling and LOVED the experience. He even had a little solo part that made our hearts burst! Saturday night at bedtime Mack said, "Mom let's find another play I can be in right now."





Sunday we went to church and in sacrament meeting, Preslie told me she felt hot. I touched her head and she was warm and sweaty. Dax took her home, fed her and she went to bed. At that point, I felt apprehensive about sending her to girls camp the next day. Well, she woke me up this morning at 6 and had me drop her off at the church! I sure hope she does ok! She is one week out from her surgery and I sent her to the mountains with a bottle of Tylenol! So we will see if I get awarded Mom of the Year.

Quinn has been melting my heart. She made her own cookbook last week with her delicious salsa recipe in it and we were going to make it but she couldn't find her cook book. So I got out a little cookbook my grandmother gave me when I was little and she picked a banana bread recipe for us to make. We headed to the store to get bananas and I just loved our conversations and the fact that she wore a ring and that she gasped when we pulled into the store parking lot and said, "Capri Suns are on sale!"
I just have to share that as I was typing this, a super annoying big loud buzzy fly was circling around the room trying to break my concentration so I texted Dax who was in the other room..


Dax is pretty much the most fun husband of all time. I love how he keeps things light. Life gets too serious sometimes! Also- his cooking. So yeah, best husband ever.

1 comment:

val said...

Love you blog and your take on life. Keep it up cute girl.