Most recently, I did a mini-makeover on my front porch. I like sitting on the porch with my husband in the evening, so I wanted it more cozy.
Here's the BEFORE:
| blah and boring |
Here's the AFTER:
I made a little cushion for the bench, added a padded footstool, and a little brass stand for Dax to set his drink on.
Come visit and sit on the porch with me!
| Someone with a pulse lives here! And now it shows. |
Next are my friend Jo's girls' rooms. She hated this bedroom the most and I don't blame her. There was a conglomeration of decor and furniture that puts me on the verge of a panic attack.
BEFORE:
We decided to put Jo's daughter Paige in this room. Paige is a smart, fun, and sassy 11-year-old girl that lives in the country and raises sheep and pigs in the summer. The vibe we chose was Farm Girl Glam.
We used furniture they already had, plus a couple thrifted treasures, and gave it fresh paint. I think it looks completely different!
AFTER:
This is the same view, just before and after...
![]() |
| before |
| after |
So different!
Jo and I dug through her crawl space and found this beautiful quilt her grandma made just stashed in a tote not being used. The antique desk was also her grandma's. We needed a chair for the desk so I called my neighbor who has a chair collecting problem (like me) and asked her if she had an extra metal chair lying around. She gave me this cute yellow one out of her back yard!
The curtains are one of my favorite things in here. I hopped my back fence and grabbed a tree limb out of my neighbor's burn pile and used it for the curtain rod. I used 2 random curtain brackets I had to hold up the branch, and the lace curtains are made from a buttload of lace fabric that I bought at a yard sale. The entire curtain set up was TWO dollars!I made the pillows with the cow print fabric and the pink one I made out of a sweater that was in my donate box.
Jo splurged on the chandelier floor lamp. I found it at my local consignment store and called Jo over to look at it. It was marked at over $100 but we talked the owner lady down to $80. It became Paige's early birthday present. It adds such a fun glam vibe to the room!
I should have turned it on before I took pics!
The room was completely transformed very inexpensively. I love using what you have and making it work. Fun to see it all come together. Paige loves her new room and it shows by how clean she keeps it.Next door, Paige's little sister Maelee wanted a new room, too!
Here is the before picture:
Jo picked out a pale pinky coral for the walls and we went from there. The room turned out great!
Jo already had the brass head and footboard (which she took from Paige's room and painted), comforter and all the picture frames. The only things purchased for the room were paint, curtains, and a throw pillow. She got the nightstands and chair at yard sales. The swirly decor above the bed was donated by a friend.
Jo was on a roll and redid her son's room, too! That girl is a worker! She didn't get a single before pic, but trust me, it was not as cool as it is now.
The inspiration piece for the room was this rad 70s velvet ship painting we found at Deseret Industries for $3.
I love this antique dresser from Porter's great grandma. The metal bed frame is from his other great grandma. The paint Jo used is a muted gray-blue. It looks awesome with the gold in the ship painting and the warm wood of the dresser.
The thing I love about all these bedroom makeovers is that Jo didn't buy any new bedding, furniture, or decor. We shopped her house and the rest was thrifted.
What do you think? Which is your fave makeover?
My next project will be finishing my basement family room and bath, back patio and building a shed! It's gonna be major! CAN'T WAIT.




No comments:
Post a Comment