7/20/15

healing and wheeling

Preslie did amazing at girls camp. We sent her one week from her tonsil/adenoid surgery and she was able to fully enjoy camp, staying up late gabbing with the girls and all. She was blessed to go and have the experience. When I picked her up after she got back, the first thing she said was, "Mom, I have a testimony now. I didn't know I had one!" Preslie told me about testimony meeting and how the spirit was really strong and she hadn't really felt the spirit like that before. She didn't even get death breath!
bus ride to camp
lake at Heber Valley Girls Camp
I had a glorious experience, while Preslie was at camp. Thursday, I attended the temple for Relief Society and Dax took the 3 other kids camping. I drove the 30 minutes to the temple alone and the car ride was so quiet and wonderful. I had time to think and pray about all that has been on my mind..which was a lot. It's a rare thing to have 30 minutes of quiet where you can't do anything but think. The ladies and I did initiatory work and after we were done, I found a family name in my purse that I'd forgotten my mom had given me. I went back in and did the initiatory for her. She still needed the endowment done so I asked when the next session was and it was in 30 minutes... Although I had planned on hitting the town all by myself and do some unrestricted shopping, I knew that this lady had been waiting for her work to be done and that there was nothing better to do that evening. Frances Parsens's work is complete! I stopped at Cafe Rio on the way home for a tamale and felt so peaceful and comforted just knowing things are going to be ok. And that wasn't the sweet pork talking, either. I know God is mindful of our worries and sends the Holy Ghost to comfort us! Anyway, after a disappointing trip to Wal-Mart (the only thing open that late), I went home to a quiet, dark house and tucked myself into bed. First time in 15 years that I had the place to myself. I LOVED IT. I woke up to the sunshine and went about my day. Totally refreshing!

Everyone was in attendance at the Warner family reunion/grandkid birthday party. 32 people which was a huge feat and a lot of calling/organizing on my Mom's part. I got to hold my new niece and grandniece. My parents took all the littles to Toys 'R' Us to pick out a present for their "birthday". The older grandkids who have grown out of toys got cash. My mom got the family picture she wanted! Can't wait to see how it turned out. My sister-in-law Kenzi is the photographer and has all the pics.

We took 2 nieces home with us late Saturday night to spend the week with us. The kids had a blast. We swam, went to Vernal, played at the park, at Cafe Rio ($5 Tuesday of course), Wal-Mart, ortho, and on the way home, stopped at the lake for a dip.



 We played board games and video games (Matisse and Hunter are my gamers...two peas in a pod)
 Wednesday we chilled out at home and by afternoon, the girls were like, "We're bored, there's nothing to do!" I told them they could each paint a section of wall in my garage if they wanted and they were like, uh, ok! Saryn said, "My Mom wouldn't approve of this!" I told her her Mom isn't here and that I approve. They had a great time letting out their inner artist.



  While Preslie was at young womens, these guys rode bikes to the ice cream shop but got distracted by a darling black puppy on the way. By time they got there, it was closed. There was a bike mishap on the way home so Dax took the trailer and went to rescue them.
 We found our way to the ice cream shop before the week's end!
7 happy kids
The girls' paint jobs turned out super fun. Matisse painted the top (pony), Preslie painted the middle (triangles) and Saryn painted the bottom (splatters). I love them all. 
 I had my nephew Wyatt this week, too. It was my last week taking care of him full time since he and Matt moved to Salt Lake on Friday. BOO hoo! I will miss them!
Wyatt and Quinn have been the greatest playmates for the past 14 months. Of course it's been crazy adding another kid to our lives, but it's been a great blessing for all involved, too. 2014 was the year from hell for Matt and the ripple effect was felt by all. He and Wyatt have come a long way and healed tremendously from the heartbreak and devastation they've experienced. Matt has found a girlfriend and has moved to Salt Lake to be with her. I pray that they can find happiness and have the things they need, especially for Wyatt! 
pizza break before we say good bye
 Dax bought us all pizza after we got everything moved out and loaded! I'm going to miss my big brother, and I know he will miss me. Heavenly Father has put us in each other's lives for a reason and it's been wonderful to have him and Wyatt close this past year. Looking back, I can see how God stepped in when things were going to get super crappy for Matt and led him to live by me. God loves all His children, even those that don't live a super religious life. He cares about us individually! I trust Him and know things will work out. Even before Matt moved, he said, "Things always work out for me. They just do. Even when I don't know how, they just work out." That isn't to say things are easy. No way. Matt has a lot of work to do and challenges to face still. We all do. I wish him and Wyatt the very best!


 Mack took this hug-fest picture. I love my girls.
The beginning of the summer, I was all gung-ho on finishing our basement and backyard patio/shed so I re-fied my house to get some cash out to do the projects. I was going to hire my brother and his boss to do the work for us: I got the bids and the financing done. Then Matt moved. So Dax asked his Dad if he could help us on a couple things and my FIL's skin cancer decided to come back so he's getting surgery this week. And then he'll undergo radiation and chemo. Thumbs down! Way more serious problem then deciding on tile.
 Things aren't going as planned, and maybe that's good, because the plentiful choices have me befuddled. Also, we are keeping a good perspective on what's truly important. I want the basement finished. But I want my family to be healthy and happy even more!
 Spur of the moment camping trip to Co-op creek. Stopped for gas and Preslie said, "I've always wanted my picture on one of those dinosaurs." Well, 2015 is a summer for checking things off your list! We camped with my dad, sister Trina and her fam. All the summer rain has the mountains in tip-top shape. The wildflowers were huge, colorful and thick. We saw a porcupine waddling up the road, plus deer and moose. Enjoyed riding 4-wheelers and breathing cool air.
 Could not get enough of the thistles. I know they're knoxious weeds, but they were gorgeous and also like 6 feet tall!




Mack loves his new cotton candy maker my parents got him at the cousin party. Can't think of a better fit for this kid than something that he can operate to make sugar treats.
Our neighborhood held the annual "Kill it and Grill it" party in which everyone brings a game dish to share. Dax brought grilled turkey-kebobs and there were no leftovers. That same day, Preslie and I started a 28-day commitment to love our bodies by eating better and exercising regularly. I passed on the cookies at the BBQ and wasn't even sad about it. I want to be strong and give my body what it needs and less of what it doesn't. At the end of our 28 days, we will check our progress and see how we feel! I'm predicting we'll feel amazing! We are already 1 week in and we're doing great! Dax joined us by lifting weights one day and a hilly bike ride the next! Junk consumption is way down and activity is up! The kids all start swimming lessons tomorrow so Preslie will be getting her workout in there. She's an awesome swimmer!

1 comment:

Accuracy Sports said...

Live long and prosper, Tristie.