12/4/12

Nutty November

Yo. November started and ended the same week, it felt like. Dax started his new duties as wildlife manager and has been adjusting to spending much more time in the office than out in the mountains which is very different for him. He has been working a lot and figuring out his new job and has been a bit stressed but doing great.
I also started a new thing this month: teaching piano lessons to 5 kids in my neighborhood. So with Preslie and Hunter (who I have taught for over a year), I have 7 students, bam, just like that. It has been fun! I pay Preslie to watch Mack and Quinn for me while I am teaching. I am still doing cub scouts but my assistant den leader had surgery so I have been managing all eight 8-year-old boys by myself once a week. I finally joined the rest of the planet and got a cell phone. I have been without one for 6 years (and survived just fine!). I am still behind the times though, because Dax's new job came with an iPhone. The kids love playing with it.
watching tv on Dax's iPhone
Dax's dad came to our house and did a bit of framing in our basement to get it all ready for drywall. He is a wonderful giving Dad and always wants to help out his kids. We have plans to finish Preslie's room and the bathroom downstairs for her.

We enjoyed Hunter's 3rd grade program. His Grandpa was able to be there to watch also. At the end, the whole 3rd grade sang "We are the world, we are the children.." and of course I teared up. They are so sweet. Hunter especially!


 Mack has been going to preschool and I think he is way too smart for it but I hope he is learning to be in a structured class with a teacher so he can prepare for kindergarten. It is also a nice break for me. I have been really trying to figure him out and love him for who he is and not wish he is something he's not. I want to help him be the best Mack he can be. A cute thing he said this month when we were all munching on some fresh pineapple..
"One time I ate a bunch of pineapple and my mouth got really buzzy." We all laughed and and I said, "Mack you have a way with.. everything." then he said,
"That's because I go to night school while you guys are asleep."


Dax and I celebrated our 12th anniversary this month. We took the kids and ate pizza at a way cool park and then went swimming at the Rec Center. It was a fun day. I have loved being married to Dax; he is the guy for me. So grateful for a good man.

Mack got some horrible puking virus and a few days later, we all got it except Preslie. Then we went to see my family in West Jordan for Thanksgiving and that night, Preslie puked her guts out and was miserable the rest the time. After we had a nice visit (except Preslie) and went home, EVERYONE in my family got sick and puked. I felt SO horrible and so embarrased and mad at myself for infecting everyone. My parents got sick, my sister and her husband and kids, my pregnant sister-in-law, my niece who goes to BYU (and all her roommates), so many people! It was a bad one.

Grandpa training up his littlest grandkid to play games. So cute!

 
Trent chasing Bowser with Quinn. She loved it.
Whenever my Dad falls asleep, someone puts the ET doll on him and takes a picture. I don't know why but we think it is way funny.
Uncle Lance took Mack to the store and let him put whatever candy he wanted in the shopping cart. Great on so many levels.
My sis and her wonderful fam. My kids went nuts all month that they were going to see these cousins.
You're never too old to snuggle with your Mama!


The weather has been beautiful and I put up my Christmas lights. It doesn't feel like it should be Christmas. For starters, it's too warm, and it just feels like December came too fast.  I really like to surprise people.. As soon as I think of some good gifts, I will start to get excited. Better hurry!

2 comments:

val said...

Couple things: the crib looks great. Your piano is beautiful. I love Dax's dad. Lol on the ET doll. That flu bug sounded terrible. Ugh. Happy 12 to you guys. Great photo of you and your honey.

RaeLynn said...

Total LOL on the ET Doll! That *is* hilarious. Mack is hysterical. I can't believe you've been married for 12 years. I remember seeing your wedding announcement and freaking out because Trist-Hist was getting hitched. 4 kids later...and look at you now!