12/4/12

Crib Re-do

I decided I needed to move my piano out of my front room but didn't know where. I finally chose to put it in my girls' bedroom and booted Preslie to the basement to make room for it. When I took her bed out of there, I thought, I might as well paint while I am in the middle of this so I moved EVERYTHING out of the room and painted. It took 2 weeks of chaotic house to complete but I got it freshly painted and the piano in there. THEN, I looked at that beautiful, shiny, classy looking piano and then at Quinn's old, beat-up crib and thought, one of these things is not like the other... So I decided the crib needed a fresh look.

Here is the crib in the bedroom before any of this madness started...

 
 Here is the room before new paint and after new paint...
 
 
I wanted to change the crib sheet to look more classy and less juvenile (although I love that crib sheet, but wanted something to go better with the piano). I walked into my local thrift store last week and found the perfect bed skirt for a full sized bed and refashioned it into a crib sized bed skirt. Does this not say "I belong in a room with a piano" ??
Once the crib skirt was done, I HAD to paint the crib black. And soon while the weather is still nice..
Here is the crib that was screaming for a paint job!...
 I primed and then painted the crib with Krylon Gloss Black spray paint. It was so beat up. I hardly noticed (or cared) until I decided to paint it. The crib isn't worth the money I spent on paint but it turned out nice.
Doesn't THIS...
 
 Go SOO much better with this?

One last before and after-
Total $ spent on this crib re-do.
primer/paint: $38
crib skirt: $6
sheet and pillowcase: free

Now for some curtains and wall decor. I have NO idea what to do!

2 comments:

K said...

The crib looks fantastic. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you have some serious mad skills. You are keeping busy as ever. I need you to hang my lights! Never happens. It always falls off the long to do list.

Tisha Flora said...

You are one amazing mama! Are you for hire?