12/30/12

Christmas visitors

Snow! On a Saturday when we were all home! The first snow is the best - new, white, and exciting and we can play in it because it hasn't turned into dry ice crystals yet.


Trent and Kenzie! My little bro and his girlfriend came to see us and brought us Christmas presents! I let the kids open theirs early so Trent could see their faces. They were all delighted!


Santa! He showed up at our door on the 23rd of December! So fun to have such a special visitor come see the kids.


GRANDMA and GRANDPA! They spent Preslie's b-day and Christmas with us. It was the highlight of our holiday.



The kids in their new church clothes from their other Grandpa and Grandma. Mack changed before I took the picture.


Preslie had a great 11th birthday on December 24. She got spoiled with gift cards to go shopping and some cute pillows from Grandma.

That night we gathered in the street with our neighbors around a fire for carols and cocoa. Everyone sang "Happy Birthday" to Preslie.Then back home for delicious homemade tamales made by Dax. If I wasn't married to him, I'd marry him just for his food.

One new thing we did this year was we put the kids' names in a bowl and each drew a name out and made a present for that person. It was cute to see how excited they were to give their gift they had thought about and made for their sibling.
Santa did come again Christmas eve and spoiled us. Christmas morning was relaxing and fun. We took turns opening gifts and everyone was happy and there was a nice peaceful feeling in our home. I loved it. One highlight was Mack's gumball machine Santa brought him. I can't think of a better present for him. He loves to operate and run machines, and he loves candy. Throughout the morning Mack would periodically yell, "I got a gumball machine!" without warning. Another highlight was Grandpa's reaction to the woopie cushion costume we gave him. He was a great sport and we got a good laugh.

After all the presents were opened the kids went out in the garage and found something else left by Santa! They were so surprised!


After the kids came back inside, Mack ran over to his gumball machine and hugged it. Then he kissed it. We lounged around, some napped, and we ate a nice turkey dinner that evening. A perfect Christmas. We are blessed.

I love the days after Christmas when everyone is busy and content playing with their new toys and no one has commitments or schedules. I love Christmas at home and what a bonus to have grandparents here with us!

A few days after Christmas the kids slept out on their trampoline. It was only 35 degrees in our garage but they stayed warm and slept fine. There are some advantages to having a husband that spends a lot of time in the outdoors (warm sleeping bags). BTW, Quinn didn't sleep outside.



What a beautiful holiday and wonderful time of year! The Lord has blessed me and our family with great blessings this year!

4 comments:

Kelly Nordfelt said...

I am in LOVE with Quinn! She looks just like a doll! I want to see her in person someday...soon!

Accuracy Sports said...

Thanks for the post! Thanks for the memories...

Tiffany said...

Awww we miss the Mangus family! I cannot believe little Hunter boy is that tall.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos. Wonderful Christmas holiday. Thanks for having us. We loved every minute.
Hugs :) - Grandma Beaner