Another tradition we continued this year: Dax cutting a tree and bringing it home to surprise us. It is exciting to not know what our tree looks like until he shows up with it. It is a massive 12 footer. Hard to photograph because of its size. I love the natural ones with the crazy, unsymmetrical branches and aspen leaves stuck in the pine needles. So woodsy and so cool looking, all decorated indoors.
Quinn is trying to get rid of her nap even though she still needs a little one. This day she didn't have one and she fell asleep waiting to get her diaper changed..
I picked Mack up from preschool the other day and when he smiled I screamed! He lost his first tooth at snack time. It just fell out onto his placemat and his buddy pointed it out to him.
Every Mom loves a pic of her kids dressed up in front of the Christmas tree. There will be more of these this month, I guarantee.
FUNNY stuff my kids have said so far this month...
Coming home from the ward Christmas party where the kids saw Santa, Mack tells us, "Santa is a FAKE. He just acts way nice so all the kids will love him instead of the real Santa."
I have been trying to get Mack to do other things besides TV and video games. I know he likes to make things so I had him help me make some ornaments for a scout project. He told me, "I used to like to make things but I don't anymore."
"What do you like to do?"
"Play video games."
"What else?"
"Watch movies."
"And eat treats?"
"Yes. And grow into a giant. But I haven't done that yet."
Today I took the kids and ran a BUNCH of errands and by the time we were done, everyone was tired and hungry and Quinn was crying. I said, "Let's go to McDonalds. Do you want a Happy Meal Mack?" Quinn sniffed and said, "I want a Sad Meal." Later when we met up with Dax, I had Quinn tell him what she ate from McDonalds (chicken naggets and fetch fies) and then she said, "They made me feel so good inside!"
I can barely take such cuteness!



1 comment:
Beautiful. Those pies look fabulous! Can't wait to sit under that Christmas tree. See you soon.
Post a Comment