My husband also has a new decoration for our house. He is probably more excited (giddy) about his new piece of decor than I am about mine. This past year he went on a successful bear hunt and had his bear made into a rug...

I have to say it is kind of awesome. It looks very real and alive. It is his very first piece of taxidermy and I am positive not his last. He L.O.V.E.S it.
We've had a busy and fun couple of weeks. We took a spur of the moment trip to my parents' house last weekend and also saw 3 bros and a SIL. Quinn LOVED seeing my brothers' dog(s). As anti-pet as I am, Trooper really IS a great dog. Quinn found his bag of dog food in the cupboard and kept putting a tiny handful of food (4 pieces) in Trooper's bowl. Trooper stood there and ate it and then waited for her to put more in. They did this for like 15 minutes. Quinn was in heaven, concentrating so hard and loving seeing the dog chomp up the food she gave him.

The family is doing well. Preslie is growing up before our eyes. She loves clothes, getting good grades, reading, and being on-time for the bus. She also likes to have sleepovers with her bros in each other's rooms.
Hunter is a math whiz, still a mellow homebody, loves video games, Legos, snuggling, and Harry Potter.
Mack is always busy. I spend most of my day thinking of things to keep him active and occupied. He is never content to play toys by himself so we do a lot of projects because I can only play Bakugans with him for so long before I want to throw myself off a bridge. Today we made bean bags together. He pushed the sewing machine pedal while I guided the fabric. Mack and Quinn filled the bags with beans and then I pulled out my bean bag toss game I made for cub scouts.
(thanks for the fabric scraps, Jayce!)
Quinn is becoming more independent and vocal. She loves her Daddy so much! She loves to push buttons, ride piggy-back, go outside, climb on everything, do "tricks" (where she sits down and sticks her leg in the air and wants us to clap), and read and play with anyone. She recently discovered that she fits in Dax's lunch box/cooler and thinks it is so awesome. She gets in there and says, "Tristie" so I will look. I don't know why she calls me my first name but this is the only time she does it.

And me- I enjoy the challenge of keeping up with everyone. It is crazy being a parent to 4 kids. I love creating, Dax, clean house, visitors, staying in my budget, and date nights. I am on track so far with my new years goals which are:
- call or visit each sibling once a month. (I will mostly be calling because half of my sibs are out of state. I need to be a better sister!
- visit the temple ONCE a MONTH. I hesitate to write this because of my track record in the past year or two. I can do better!
- give piano lessons to my kids once a week. The weeks go by very quickly but I can do it.
3 comments:
Nice bear rug. Kaleb is jealous! I love seeing all the things your family is doing. Busy as always accomplishing wonderful things.
You have awesome goals and incredibly cutey patootie cute kids.
Budget ... weird ... what is that again? Oh, right, something else we lost in the move to Louisiana. Probably find it with the bed, the shelves, the box of tools and the other stuff our movers probably sold on the street.
You are such a good wife with the bear rug. I'm not gonna lie - it scares me. I scrolled through those pictures really fast.
I am going to write you in for President.
Post a Comment