12/17/10

if you're bored, get a 3-year-old

The primary kids sang at our ward Christmas party and as they were going on the stage to sing, Mack begged to go too. We finally let him and he stood right in the front with the weirdest look on his face (bashful? never seen him do that one before). After it was over he wanted to go sing with each subsequent performance (whether it was a singing one or not). During a piano duet, he yelled, "Dad! You never let me sing!" for all to hear.

This is what I walked in on when Mack was supposed to be having a nap. I have a hard time keeping a box of band-aids in the house very long!


Last week Mack told me he was going to have a Christmas party and invite Bo and Kinzie. I said ok thinking he would forget about it but the next morning, he asked me if it was time for his party. I got on the phone and invited a few kids over and the next day we had Mack's Christmas party. What a cool kid.

(this particular batch of sugar cookies was so delish, they blew my mind)

Some funnies from the Mack himself:

Mack was looking in the fridge and I said, "Did you see that treat in the fridge?"
Mack: "Yes"
Me: "Those are called eclairs. Dad made them last night."
Mack: "He made them last night for humans?"
Me: "Yes."
Mack:"I'm a human, so I can have one."

"Mom, I don't have a long tongue, so I can't lick my whole body."

"Uh-oh! There's trouble! The popcorn is gone."

"Mom (naughty smile), I'm putting candles in my b- ... in the back of myself."
I look down his pants and sure enough, there is a fat birthday candle nestled perfectly between two soft butt cheeks.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, you just have to smile. You know, I think he is just a little junior doctor in training using all those bandaids. So sweet of you to go forward with a Christmas Party just for him. So cool.

Accuracy Sports said...

There is no other like him. He is the one and only MACK! That is why we all love him.

Ostler said...

Seriously, I think I just peed my pants. Ba ha ha! That was so funny. He is so cute. Soooo cute. Oh my heck. What a cutie... Anyway, I just love these funny stories about the Mackster- Keep 'em coming! :)
Plus, Quinn...Darling. As. Could. Be.
You guys have SUCH BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN!
I can't even stand it. you guys did great. :)

House of Hullinger said...

At least you are never bored. too funny

Beau and Rach said...

SOOOO funny!

RaeLynn said...

He and Cole...they are meant to be BFF. The candles in the butt? How do you even top that??