The Deer Hunt opening weekend took Dax from home for 3 long work days in a row (sun up to sun down). We were both trashed after that! Nice to have him back for 2 days to help whip the house and our kids back into shape. I tell you, I don't know how single parents do it. Raising a family and running a home was not meant to be done by one person. God Bless all the single parents out there.
Our fabulous friends Tina and Clint invited us to their house for a Halloween Party. I have always wanted my family to dress up as a theme but have never been able to talk everyone into it. The gang finally agreed to do it just for the party and I think we looked great!
Tina is an awesome hostess and we had a great time! Thanks, guys!
I have been gearing up for this weekend and all the Halloween parties and activities that go with it. I am in charge of Hunter's class party Friday and have been sewing costumes, making a bean bag toss game and calling Moms.
We also got everyone in for our flu shots. What a relief to get that done and over with. My big kids put up quite a fight. I am so glad Dax had the day off so he could hold Hunter down to get his. That kid is too strong for me now. Wow. Not a shot lover, that one. Hopefully our precautionary measures will keep us out of the hospital this year.
I don't know if it is from the shot, but Hunter was so tired today. His teacher called me and told me Hunter fell asleep at his desk during class. He came home from school and slept 2 hours and I
still put him to bed at his regular time.
I hope he will be well enough to make it to school tomorrow, especially for the Halloween party that I am going to help with! I love this time of year and I love going to the school to see all the hyper, dressed-up kids and playing games with them. One of these years I am going to throw a huge bash at my house but for now, I am just going to hit the parties everywhere else and save my sanity until I have a bit of it to spare.
My Dad came out last night and went to work in the field with Dax today. I hope they are having fun in the great outdoors!
Should be a fun weekend! Have a great Halloween!
1 comment:
The family costumes are incredible! Quinn is wonderful. (you all are) You've been soooo busy. Thanks for being the best mom ever. Take a bow and enjoy trick-or-treating tomorrow night.
Post a Comment