3/17/10

memorable St. Patty's Day


Last night Preslie and Hunter set out traps so they could catch a Leprechaun. It cracked me up! Preslie's trap was a jar with a potato inside to lure the little guy. Hunter's trap was a shiny shamrock coin under a precariously balanced box. They went to bed excited as if it was Christmas Eve.

Dax and I woke up this morning to shouts from the other room...

"Hunter's trap is down!"
"There's a leprechaun hat in here!"
"Look at the jelly beans in my jar!"

Confused, I dragged myself out of bed to find a green hat with prizes and candy inside, green jelly beans in the place of Preslie's potato, and Hunter's trap down to suggest that a Leprechaun was inside. The kids did NOT know what to do. They were freaking out trying to decide if they should lift the box or not. Then we turned the box and saw a Leprechaun-shaped hole in the side...


As Hunter was getting ready for school he said, "We'll probably have a St. Patrick's Day party at school today."

"I don't think so, buddy. St. Patrick's Day isn't that big of a holiday," I said. Considering the events of the past 20 minutes, I knew he didn't believe me.

After school, Preslie came home with a cute shamrock she'd made.


She didn't know how lucky she really was because it is indeed a GIRL!


Happy St. Patrick's Day from all SIX of us!

22 comments:

janet said...

Rock on! I would have to say that the little GIRL who is joining your family is the LUCKY one!! Wahoo! Congrats!

val said...

congrats. this is THEE announcement-right? how exciting.
great st patty's post. love your kids and the things they say!

Dave and Ashley Gay said...

Congrats! That will be perfect...2 boys, 2 girls. You'll love it!

RaeLynn said...

Wahoo!! Great way to announce it. Wow, you're going to be a 6 pack!

Kelly Nordfelt said...

Tristie my friend. Congrats!! How wonderful.

Cute St. Patty's Day ideas!

K said...

So very excited for you! Love the leprechaun traps and the loot. He visited us last night too. He played some tricks on us. Fun, green fun!

Briana said...

Congrats!! I am way excited for you.

Julia said...

what a way to announce! Awesome! Love you and love your darling family! Wish you could come by next time you're in WJ!

Chelsea said...

CONGRATS on the baby girl!!!! SO exciting. and really, you are the cutest mom.ever! I want to be just like you :)

Clint, Brielle, Molly and Maggie said...

I had no idea you were even pregnant. How exciting little girls are the greatest, thats all I know cuz thats all I have, but how exciting now you can make more cute dresses and skirts!

Robyn said...

Haha! Your post made me laugh, I love the leprechaun cut out and the looks on your kids' faces, and the fun surprise about baby girl #2! Congratulations!

JayeCee said...

Yay Tristie!! Congrats, I'm so excited for you!! Hope you are doing and feeling well. Love you!!

Sant Family said...

Congratulations! What a blessing!

Tina said...

That is going to be the best dressed baby in Roosevelt! We are so excited for you! Way to keep it a secret! You are so creative with your kids. Clint & I always get a laugh from them! We will be around if you need anything! Brielle will love a friend to play with.

Shelly Traveller said...

Congrats on being pregnant and having a girl!

Tiffany said...

Woo! Woo!!I told Mike a couple of weeks ago about my suspicion. Couldn't be more thrilled for you, I hope your feeling okay and getting plenty of rest with 3 kids (lol)

Beau and Rach said...

So exciting! Congrats :) xoxo

meridee said...

Wow! Congrats! This is so fun because Des & I were suspicious. Anyway - it will be lots of fun to have a baby girl again.

HeRoosSheRoos said...

Yahoo! Congratulations to the most creative parents ever.

Lifes Great Adventures said...

Congrats so exciting! Every baby is a gift from above, & how lucky & blessed you guys are to get another one! Its crazy me and my mom were just thinking you guys would be expecting soon and then this post came- too funny:)
So fun, enjoy!!

Jaedon Flora said...

Yea for another girl! And can I just say you are the best leprechaun in the whole wide world? Love ya

ZyAubRinaSon said...

OH my gosh I love all the fun stuff you did for St. Patrick's day! I am your biggest fan. I did wear green but you are so cool! what a great mom. I can't wait for this new baby, yeah!